Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new here and haven't yet got the civic, as insurance has just started to drop for me. Im only really interested in the EP models, and only the 1.6vti as i want the vtec, hear its an experience lol. Before i buy i need to know, can the EP3 rear lights fit on the EP? and can the front grille fit on the EP also, as i like the EP3 lights and grille the best, im looking to get an EP3 but they hold their value fairly well, unfortunately for me lol, thanks

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
im pretty sure they do mate, they are the same body shape so ive read on here, but diff engine sizes.. nickyboy will know, im sure he'll reply soon..

·
Registered
680 Posts
The ep3 rear lights? They are the same lights throughout the ep civic range. Or are you talking about putting facelift lights onto a prefacelift?

Also the ep never had the vti, the only quick ep shape is the type r which is 2.0 197bhp. The 1.6 ep is 110bhp and rather slow, i used to own one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NO, i am a bit confused here, the 2000-2003 civics have different rear lights than the 2004 and early 2005 1s, they must be a facelift. The cars ive been looking at on pistonheads are 1.6vtec sport 2004 and 5. They say 108bhp or something but ive been told that is not taking the vtec into account as they are driving it without hitting that rev range, which makes sense to me possibly as the 1.6vtec in the ek series is 158bhp. Ive maybe missed something here.

·
Registered
680 Posts
NO whoever is informing you is talking tripe. 108bhp is always going to be 108bhp and that is taking the vtec into account. The vtec on these models is an economy vtec and they run out of puff at around 5.5k rpm(sohc). They are slow cars which will get you to around 60 in about 11 seconds. The type r ep shape civic works a bit like the previous gen ek vti the sport does not.

The ek 1.6 has dohc vtec which below 5.5k are ecomonical but once they hit that mark the vtec come in and the second cam opens up and then rev to about 8k.

If in doubt go to parkers they have all the facts and figures and technical data to back it up.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
the total cost for a ek4 1.6 vti- 2k-3k for a nice one, add 1200-1800 to insurance (depending on age) and you can get one for under 5k. will do 32+mpg if ur nice most of the time and maybe 35+ if ur a grandad!
for a ep3 1.6 sport you could pay 6k plus for a nice one.... but get more like 40mpg if ur nice. but does look like a ctr
there are also ek4 1.6 d series engines which reap 40mpg but look like the vti's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts