1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Common Introduction Questions:
- Can we see some photos of your car if you have one? No photos available yet
- What modifications have you made? Its all just starting
- What future plans do you have? My little vti is going to be transformed into a single venue rally car
- Where are you located? Alsager near Stoke on Trent
- How did you find the forum? Mooching about on Google

I come from a Motorsport background and have prepared many Race and Rally Cars in my time. I've got many years of experience in Tuning, Prepping and Suspension set ups. What I'm going to need is a Fibreglass Bonnet for the rascal, so if anyone can help?

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Nice plan you got there, if you can post up a build up thread that would be great. BTW welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gibbscp said:
Nice plan you got there, if you can post up a build up thread that would be great. BTW welcome to the forum
Yes, of course I meant EK4, not used to all the model codes coming from a Renault race background. Whatever it is, it's deffo a 97 Vti in a pretty awful red at the moment. I'll get shots done periodically as the build develops. Anyone throw any light on finding a glass bonnet for it? Cheers Andy

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
A GLASS boneet?? Would'nt a clear plastic bonnet be better?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny! The original bonnet weighs an absolute ton. A fibreglass one would be great improvement. I'd like to see the person who has a glass one though, they'd have top have a pretty special engine bay!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Carbon fiber is the way mate. Seibon all the way. I think having a glass bonnet is defo laying all your cards out for everyone to see abit too much, and leaves no mystery. I would rather see a very tastey carbon bonnet, then see it open up to be hiding a nice k20 on throttle boddies rather than it just shouting at you in the face under a piece of plexi glass! Each to thier own though, any ek is a good ek imo, so good look finding one mate. I guess you would have to be carfull with stone chips?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gibbscp said:
Like this one?
Bloody hell.... you were serious weren't you. Does look fantastic but my little lady will be a competition car and I dont think the scrutineers would appreciate yours. Nice one... Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Carbon would be nice but possibly rather expensive. I'm after a weight saving not appearances. It may be down to getting the original perfect then taking a plug from it and making my own. I wonder if other folks would want one if I started making them. Andy

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
I think it would be a cool thing to see on a competition car, very unusual to say the least LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can pick carbon bonnets up for like £350, how much would a glass one cost? by competition, what competion do you mean? Time attack maybe? thats my dream any way a k20'd ek that i run in time attack club challenge, maybe in a few years :p .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts