Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls,

My name is Aaron and I have recently come back to Civic Ownership after I got an Industrial Placement with Jaguar (Paid year out from Uni). Ive named her the Yellow Peril and she is a '91 SiR, completely standard apart from the SSR wheels, VTEC Controller and OEM carbon bonnet that came on her. Havent got pictures yet as she isnt in the prettiest of forms but the engine is solid and there is no rust anywhere on the body!

With regular money coming in I plan to get her looking and driving the way I want her to but Mr Insurance Company is shafting me atm as I havent had my own policy since 18 and now I am 22. So atm she is getting a service and a replacement panel filter and a new Head Unit as the Jap spec one cant pick up any UK stations!

I am looking forward to being part of the community and I am based in Leamington Spa

Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Re: New member, I pooped a hammer

Sounds nice mate! Lets see some pics, another 4th gen :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

after reading a few more intros ive found out pics are a must, ill get some tomorrow but she is a dirty bitch, she only gets a clean after she has taught 20 Fiesta ST's, Saxo Vts', Astra Turbo's, Corsa SRi's etc a lesson they wont like!

Also I forgot to add, she was a auto, been converted with an EK CTR manual, I put a Clifford to protect her and has some surprising JDM extras such as a parking pole and a Flare!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

Those JDM extras will be worth a fucking fortune mate! How much did you spend on the car?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

NOW WITH PICS:

I hadnt seen a factory yellow civic let alone a multi tonal yellow one! Bad respracy in Japan methinks

Can you say clean? :D

EK CTR Gearbox, VTEC controller and silly Jap Head unit and now for the random JDM extras:

Parking Pole

and no Civic is complete without its Flare

Probably says 'Girl driver on Probation' LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
paul20v said:
great
i have never seen the retractable parking pole " crazy japs"
Knowing how pervy the japs can be its probably designed to lift girls skirts up when they get too close.......i must investigate 3:)

Its cool tho, the blue bit has a tiny Honda 'H' bad news is that its completely useless when parking!

First on the list is service as ive said and i want to find some springs and dampers to lower her, anyone got anything for me?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep 5th Gen but on a J Reg, although EG's are officially 92-95, this one was registered sometime like August 91, which I think means it doesnt require a CAT to pass MOT :D

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Great look car mate, loving the yellow!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers dude! I just want it all to be the same yellow! A respray and body tidy up is in the pipeline but its not rusty atm so not high on the list of priorities

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Managed to fit a UK head Unit last night, took awhile (and half my dash out) to figure it was screwed in 2 impossible places to get to with any 'normal' screwdriver. Soon as the offending screws were out it was piece of piss so after an hour of swearing, a few cuts and spurts of blood i could finally listen to boring Zane Lowe yammering on about the next best thing in music which wont get past the first album, Happy Days indeed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts