Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm changing the colour and possibly style of my interior trim.

I hate the look of the elephant gray and I'm also going to be trying some different ways of changing the interior.

So far I have tried smoothing parts of the interior and re-spraying it. When I added the laquher to protect the paint and I took it in the sun the glare was really bad so I think that option is out the window. I then opted for cleaning then painting the interior the way it was which seems the better option but after looking online I was thinking about trying to retrim the interior in some sort of material.

Anyone tried any of the above or does anyone have any input or tips??

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am also looking to change the interior in my eg5 civic! im goin to cover the door cards and roof lining myself in black vinyl and suede. but im struggling to find black carpet as this eg model only comes with grey carpet. does anyone no of another model that has black carpet which would fit the eg model? cheers, brad

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had an EG6 1.5 lsi that had black interior. they are rare apparently but you can get em. it had black door cards and black dash.
One of the reasons i bought that particular car it to be honest.

I then sprayed some of the dash inserts myself with the same paint as the exterior of the car, but purposely did not lacquer so no glare

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi folks,

Just an update on my interior I have opted for spraying it matt black which is working well. So I will put up pics once I have finished in the next couple of weeks.

I am going to be trying to make my own sound system unit out of fiberglass but again I will update once I have finished.

Edit:

Well the spray method worked for about 3 weeks then it started to flake off even with the protective laqure. So i got myself back to the shop and got some plastic paint and its worked great and has been on for over 3 months. Just need to get the heater controls sorted and the dashboad lights and dials.

Pics coming soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts