Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people of HCF!, a quick intro of me; my names shahid, I'm 19 years old and I reside from Northern Ireland, I’m a full time student but I also work part time in o2. I current drive a 2001 1.2 Vauxhall corsa, which has been my pride a joy for 2 years now and more recently I have been thinking of changing to a different car. I have always been into Japanese cars so I’ve told myself that my next will be from the land of the rising sun!.

There are 2 choices of what my next car will be; the first a Toyota Glanza, which is a 1.3 turbo and the other option would be a EG6 Civic. But in the past 6 months more and more people around my town have went out a purchased Glanza’s, and that has put me off as I like to get a car which will stand out from the crowd, and a EG6 Civic is something is different and uncommon around my area, plus I’ve loved the shaped of the Civic ever since I seen it in the first Fast and the Furious!.

But I do have some questions what are the main differences between the British EG6 and the Jap import? Is the BHP the engine produces? Or is it more than that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

**A pic of what i'd want my EG6 to look like!**

lol

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
welcome to the forum.. dont go for a Glanza cause the are like toys from a cracker.. get an eg6.. more room and a better look..

thats a fairly nice example too.. white wheels :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The EG6's in VTI spec have B series engine and produce 160bhp.

I would go for an EG6 myself they do go well saying that I have always liked the Glanza though!

·
Registered
211 Posts
them Glanza's are pretty quick... i was in the same situation as you but two people on my road have Glanza's, soo i went for a VTi and to be honest im so glad i did, it has never let me down, does good mpg, drives flawless on motorways and can be thrashed around when i feel..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and to answer your question civic ep3 I would be looking for a 96' Glanza. I do have some more questions to ask guys;

How much BHP does its British counterpart produce?

What insurance groups are the british and jap version?

What are the most common problem’s with the EG6’s ? Or what should I ask for specifically when I’m looking at one?

Do they understeer much?

What mods would eradicate the understeer?

I’ve noticed that the rear seats have no head restraints, does this apply to all EG6’s?

How much mods would it take to put a EG6 to 200BHP safely?, and how much financially would it cost (including mods such as brakes etc)?

Edit:

bump

1 - 8 of 8 Posts