Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kk the sound lining on my standard back box is coming loose, draining all the power of my car n keeps making it look like iv sucked a wig up through my engine ha ha

gonna need new exhaust, but was finkin while gettin this done i may aswell upgrade to the system i was gonna get for

the b16a swap anyways! now just realised theres probs gonna be a difference between the system required for my d14 and the system

for the b16! is this so??

if i am correct then i assume im going to have just buy the one for the b16, well to the point anyways my main concern is,

will the exhaust for the b16 still be suitable to be used on the d14 until i do the swap??

also would anybody recommend any gd but reasonably priced systems about at the moment?
been looking at Sportex exhausts but i havent really heard anybody talking about them before tbh!

any help greatly appreciated ;)
over n out

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumpedy bump :( :(

absolutely any help at all would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm so im best either finding a way of repairing my current exhaust or just ordering another standard exhaust then?

cant really see much point in buying a new system when it wont even fit the new engine!

cheers

·
Registered
780 Posts
depends on what budget..... if your doing the b16 conversion i´d reccomend a 2 1/2" system, which will have similar joints to the smaller d14 but obviously different pipe sizes!!

do you know anyone who can weld, if so, buy a B16 system and cut the ends off so that the welder can weld the original d14 ends on, but keep the b16 ends, so that wen the transplant is done cut and weld the originals back on. this will restrict the d14 engine but the b16 will be free and easy, also will save on the wallet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts