Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Was thinking bout getting a stroker kit for my ek4. been lookin at them and there quite pricey so i was thinking of just gettin a bigger engine. Have been looking at the 2.2 vtecs out of the preludes. Sound good??
If not can any one sujest a bettier engin that aint guna destroy my bank balence and that wont be to callenging on putting in my ek. :p
Any input and addvice on engine swaps will be greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks James

·
Registered
340 Posts
the H22 is the most powerful standard (apart from the s2k and NSX - if you find one of these and manage to get it into your civic you are my god) but as said it is a lot of work to get into a civic, and theyre hard to find in good nick with decent miles. And pricey when you find a decent one. Go for b16 or B18 mate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have the money, you ideally want a H22 out of an Accord type R, they are the best N/A "out of the box" engines, teamed up with some hasport mounts, and the conversion should not be too hard - i recently got an opportunity to see one of funkypowers Civic coupes, which was running this, and it really is something special

If you have the correct mounts - and buy a wiring harness, it should not take too much effort.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have a JDM H22 knocking around that I need to use in something, I think a H22 Civic will be my next project after the REX is done ^_^

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
H22 in a civic would be a lot of work plus it would make the car REALLY front heavy!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hmm good point, so supercharger as well???

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Not really decieded yet its quite a way in the future at the moment! More than likely run a turbo charger than a supercharger, I got a H22 so its not going to cost me sod all just need a cheap as hell Civic shell!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
YEah true enough i guess, what type of civic you got in mind?

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
a 4th gen with a H22!!!!! will it fit???

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all your input people. Aprectiated!!
Found afew h22 around, think i will end up gettin one and stuffin it into my EK. Followed by some rather powerfull turbo power 3:)
I think that will make me one of the faster civics in cornwall. mwah haha haha
Will keep all updated

All the breast now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you searching for a H22 Prelude engine, or an Accord R engine? Obviously the ATR engine will be more expensive - but worth the money in the long run - due to the higher power output standard

·
Registered
129 Posts
Gibbscp said:
H22 in a civic would be a lot of work plus it would make the car REALLY front heavy!!!!
heavier mate, not really heavy,

if you want to go turbo, go for d16xx and put a turbo init, will get u proper power on wheels,
dont forget that if you want the turbo, youd have to rebuild your engine with stronger components,
and takin under considiration costs of H22a + fitting (which is not easy) + rebuild (you will have to do it sooner or later with turbo) + decent turbo kit = hell lot of money, so if you mention that don want project to rip your wallet think again :D
pesonally i would go for b18, from itr,

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
tomcyk said:
Gibbscp said:
heavier mate, not really heavy,

if you want to go turbo, go for d16xx and put a turbo init, will get u proper power on wheels,
dont forget that if you want the turbo, youd have to rebuild your engine with stronger components,
and takin under considiration costs of H22a + fitting (which is not easy) + rebuild (you will have to do it sooner or later with turbo) + decent turbo kit = hell lot of money, so if you mention that don want project to rip your wallet think again :D
Think hes right, its gonna cost ALOT to turbo a H22, is it really worth it??

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
tomcyk said:
Already building one of these, my current project CRX with a D16a9.

tomcyk said:
Thats true but any engine will require rebuilding you want to run a lot of power through it.

tomcyk said:
A B18c will cost you hell of a lot more than a H22! If you can find me a B18c cheaper than a H22 I will bite your hand off!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Gibbscp said:
Think hes right, its gonna cost ALOT to turbo a H22, is it really worth it??
Not anymore than it would cost to turbo a B series engine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts