Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I've just recently bought a Honda, Its a 2L Civic Type R 2006, Piccy:
[attachment=0:361x3smr]DSC00474.jpg[/attachment:361x3smr]

Unfortunatly it was a catogary D but repaired, i have a few issues due to the repair. When i blast the air though the winow vents, there are little glass shards from when the window was smashed inside the vents that used to blow out, although i have blew all the peaces i could out, there are some still there, is there any way to remove the remaining peaces?

Another issue is that the driver side door leaks, its not bad as it doesent when it rains, only when i go to get it cleaned an they throw water over the car, on closer inspection i noticed that the door seal is kind of flush with the door, on the other side it sits in the door frame wich is where its meant to be, its kind of hard to explain; is there any way i can fix this?

Finally, i drove home from work 2 days ago, i drove kind of hard and when i got near home i felt a vibration from under the car, it also sounded diferent, it didnt sound healthy anyway, but it kept coming and going as i drove, i took it to a garage cause i didnt like the sound of it but just typically it never done it again, they had a check uner the car and found nothing wrong, and since then it hasnt done it again.

1 more little issue is that i havnt got a coolent cap, so i keep having to top it up, where can i get one of these? Thanks for your advice!

Mike.

The tracking is also out but i plan to book it into a dealers garage since i've heard it needs to be balanced to fix the tracking? Do you hink i should tell them all these problems? cause it may be expensive to fix from the dealers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
1. pull the dashboard apart. then remove all pieces.

2. space the seal a bit more away from its original location with something. i would prob use bits of rubber, like an innertube. then seal around with sealant. will improve sealing.

3. does the noise sound metallic? a scraping? a tapping? a slapping? it could be something like an exhaust heat shield or whatever.

4. HONDA. or halfords. but halfords wont have it! why doesnt it have a coolant cap???????????????

5. tell them about all of them, they might be able to FIX cheaply or advise on how to fix. can you tell me how much you pay for tracking there, as i would rather the dealer do mine as opposed to a normal garage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

Pulling the dashboard appeart is a little dawnting, I wouldnt really know where to start, I thought it might have been less... destructive :)

That noise sounded like metallic, like something was getting cought on something as it was spinning, i could feel the vibrations from whatever it was too, seem to stop and start randomly, it's hard to pin-point when something isnt consistant, as i said it doesent seem to have happened since although i havnt drove it hard since then.

It came without a coolent cap but i never noticed untill after i got home for some reason, it's a pain as the water must be evaporating, especially since its heats up.

Tracking is expensive, i would take it to a local garage but when i did the guy told me that because it's a type R they cant Track it, only dealers and advanced places can, if i was to get it done at the honda dealers it would be around £92, considering its only about £20 for a normal' car, thats quite expensive. They have to 'balance' the car apparently.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
QUOTE "That noise sounded like metallic, like something was getting cought on something as it was spinning, i could feel the vibrations from whatever it was too, seem to stop and start randomly, it's hard to pin-point when something isnt consistant, as i said it doesent seem to have happened since although i havnt drove it hard since then."

It could be apart of the chassie that might have been knocked after the crash and could now be sticking out and hitting the exhaust or some part??

Alternatively; try you brakes, They might be heating up and expanding a bit when your hard driving/braking. It could be enough to cause the sound that you hear? I've seen that happen to rally cars before.

Chris

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Ah Nick, nice to see your helping this guy out lol

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Hmm, good point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, cheers for your replys, as it is, i did do a check on the reg before i bought it, and it was stated that it was a Cat D, although insurer wasnt prepared to pay for the damages, It had been repered and then MOT'd (passed).

I had the guy check under the car and he didnt find anything, i may be wrong in explaining it, but if it happens again, i'll just go straight to the garage.

I'm gonna book it into a HONDA dealer too when i get time, an let them check it over. probably take all day though.

I got it for a very reasonable price, obviously knowing about this catagory d i knew there would be issues and money i'd probably have to put into it, but i loove the car, i've always likes the type R's:)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
how much did u pay? i would never buy a crashed car, no matter how bad. couldnt tell you all the physics forces that go through cars, even in a small impact. at 15mph without a seatbelt, hitting a wall has enough force for you to go through a window.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts