Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got all my bits from the states, ECU, 650cc Injectors, Walbro, Plug and plays, OBD1 / OBD2a harness etc...

Fitted them today and the difference was startling, its a lot smoother, now revs to 8K+ and pulls a lot harder :D Nearly 70 mph in 2nd ;)

I have removed the FMU and the missing link, the management light now stays off and I'm boosting to 11psi, BUT on tick over it is now hunting :(

When it is warm it is hunting between 1k and 2.5k and the only things I have disturbed is the fuel rail and the injectors on the inlet manifold, (and the map sensor simple "O" ring seal) does anyone have any ideas, come across this prob before when boosting or can point me in another direction :confused:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Re: New bits "N" problems

Fitted them today and the difference was startling
;)

You need it tuned mate. Prob iacv duty cycle, but seems excessive 1k-2.5k.

Your very brave running 11psi on a base map. TUNING TUNING TUNING TUNING !!!!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

Was about to say get her tuned now you have a chipped ECU in there. My CRX hunts as well have you cleaned out the ICAV?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

GotBoost said:
Fitted them today and the difference was startling
;)

You need it tuned mate. Prob iacv duty cycle, but seems excessive 1k-2.5k.

Your very brave running 11psi on a base map. TUNING TUNING TUNING TUNING !!!!!
You'll convert me sooner or later :D

Thanks for the IAC valve tip, I will have a look at that tomorrow..... cheers guys ;)

Edit:

Still having problems :cry: My ECU is using Crome anybody know someone in the East London / Essex area who's reliable and good with that software :question:

Edit:

Edd said:
Was about to say get her tuned now you have a chipped ECU in there. My CRX hunts as well have you cleaned out the ICAV?
Sorted it this evening 10/03/2009, cheers for you help guys, IAC valve was the culprit alright, runs like a dream now no hunting at all..... brilliant ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
There is a guy on CRX-UK called Mark who is in Essex IIRC. He is VERY good and does all the mapping fopr his and Eddies cars that they run at TOTB. I suggest signing up to CRX-UK and sending him a message, or I can give you his number?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This mans name is Mark and he's a bloody nice bloke, sorted a couple of things out over the phone for me, or pointed me in the right direction anyway, he does real time road tuning.... good prices... same guy do you think ;)

Hows the rex :evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts