Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just bought a new 2009 Civic Automatic. Love it fantastic drive and love the new front end facelift. Old car was 2003 1.6 Honda Civic Auto, only thing I had to buy in six years was front brake pads, tyres and a brake light bulb in six years.
I am expecting the new one to be every bit as reliable and pleasing as the old. :p It beats the I-Shift in every way, lovely smooth gear change.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
welcome!!
get a pic up ;)
would say in my older years il eventually go to an auto for a nice chilled out ride but at the moment you cant beat manual :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
josh897 said:
welcome!!
get a pic up ;)
would say in my older years il eventually go to an auto for a nice chilled out ride but at the moment you cant beat manual :D

Yes totally agree with you, I have had lots of fast manual cars but I now enjoy the laid back Auto's.

Edit:

Civit said:
Welcome to the forum, what model, colour etc...
Model SE 1.8 I VETEC Colour Black, All very nice. :p

Edit:

paul20v said:
Hi welcome ,
hope the new car is as good as the old one .
Thank You.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alec said:
Welcome :)
- It's VTEC not VETEC.
- Get some photos up!
- May I ask why automatic?
I could ask why manual! In todays motoring and congestion I feel the auto is more laid back during the trafic jams etc. at 64 years I dont need to be doing 0 - 60 in 4.5 seconds and am happy driving at 70 - 80 mph with a lovely smooth ride.I have had in my younger years Rover 3.5 V8, Datsun 280 ZX and more with manual gearboxes and loved them all but I was probably your age then.
Enjoy what you desire at the time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Car looks really, good, i havent had the pleasure of seeing the new face lift model and i think its a big improvement at the front, just thought there was TOOO much chrome/plastic at the front.

Think the new front will be a popular upgrade to the older models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you I agree with you on the original front end too much chrome.
Gibbscp said:
Car looks really, good, i havent had the pleasure of seeing the new face lift model and i think its a big improvement at the front, just thought there was TOOO much chrome/plastic at the front.

Think the new front will be a popular upgrade to the older models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts