Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Ive been looking over this forum for a while and I can't say I've seen a friendlier forum. I plucked up the courage to say hello even though my experience in Hondas is very limited so far!

I'm 22 living in Birmingham, born in Liverpool but moved to Brum a few years ago to be with the other half. I used to own a 1.8 Vtec Honda Aerodeck, but due to insurance reasons I had to downgrade VERY MUCH SO to a ford focus..this is making me very unhappy at the moment.

As you can tell I have no pics of a Honda as I dont own one. I dont have much knowledge of Hondas but hope to learn quite a bit from you guys and pick up stuff as I go along :)

Due to not having a Honda the only other information I can bring to the table is that I work for Driftworks. Anyone who was at Japfest will have seen a couple of our drivers in the DW demo's. Although I was over at the Honda stand having a snoop around lol!

I'm hoping within less than a year I can be a bit more active on here and post pics up of my new car!

Mel ^_^

·
Registered
780 Posts
hey mel

welcome to the forum, i'm glad you had the 1.8 aerodeck, iv one of those engines in my ek hatch :) not as fun as a driftwors car, how did you get into that??

hope you find the forum helpfull and friendly, were all nice on here

·
Registered
340 Posts
welcome to the site melissa!! good to have somebody working for someone like that, now we can get all the info :D happy posting!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Welcome, i also have that 1.8 in my car. My previous car was a golf 2.0 gti(mk4) and that was making me miserable.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I was down at Japfest and saw the driftworks lot pretty impressive stuff :) If you were down there on the friday and saw a silver civic hatch (and a dark green one) on track in the afternoon that would have been me (silver) and hugh (green). Hugh was also out at about 2pm on Saturday as well buring EK9's and other cars that should have been a lot faster!

You should flog the fester and get a 1.6 VTi or something like that the insurance premiums wont kill you too much. My 1.5i LS is only insurance group 12 and i pay about 500 quid on that at 19.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hey mel, Welcome to the forum.
No need to be nervous, Its things like this and people like you that Alec and I set this forum up to begin with.
Im sure you'll find a wealth of knowledge.

Dont be scared to reply to peoples topics and if your reading something and you dont under stand it, just ask and I guarantee you will be helped out far more than you will get laughed at.

Skinny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everyone, wow thank you for all the welcomes!!

I was only at Japfest for the Saturday and didn't see any Hondas on track unfortunately. Found out later that night that the EK9's were hiding away on a completely different gate that I didnt go to :(

What Honda am I after someone asked? ... Maybe EK4? That shape anyways, any help on which is the best type for insurance and general info would be much appreciated :) I like the hatchbacks and I think 1996 onwards in the EK range is what I like the most.

I love the EK9 and Jordan but unless I can upgrade my paycheck I will have to downgrade my choice hehe.

Again thanks for the welcome, its nice to break away from drifting to talk/read about the type of car I'm actually interested in :D

Mel

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
all the ek4 shapes look ace, if u cant get any of the special ones go for something that looks the part. silver and black ones always look good though!

·
Registered
370 Posts
welcome if you can fork out for an ek9 there well worth and in all white you cant complain :D. if you want a slighty nicer vti youy could try and track down an import Vti -R. either way there alot of fun :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I'm doing the same searches everyday in all the usual places, autotrader,ebay,pistonheads and so on. Hoping something will turn up soon :)

I like the white hatch with white wheels look and the dark grey hatch with bronze/gold wheels and silver lip.

Not that I'm picky lol. I'll post up some details if I find a winner and get your opinions :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
crxhugh said:
hey mel

welcome to the forum, i'm glad you had the 1.8 aerodeck, iv one of those engines in my ek hatch :) not as fun as a driftwors car, how did you get into that??

hope you find the forum helpfull and friendly, were all nice on here
Only just saw this! Yeah the 1.8 was alot of fun, taking it to 9 on the revs was quite fun on motorways haha

My boyfriend Phil runs Driftworks so when I moved to Birmingham I started helping out there and then they offered to take me on properly. Now I have alot of responsibility and have to cover for them when they need to get the cars ready for events :( Its all good though, I get to go out on track with the drivers (not drifting though because I would no doubt kill someone lol)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha sweet video. I thought that was the one were someone drifts into a wall and the people fly out the window....not cool :-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts