Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you people think of undercar neons?

A friend of mine had them for a whiloe, and I thought they looked good so I installed them on mine. Was such a bother though. Rattled on low rpm, and instead of the overall "glow" that you see on neons in Need For Speed etc, they turned out to be two little light strips which just looked lame.

Have you had any neon experience? What do people think of them?

It would be one thing if they all looked like this:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
lol, exterior appearance section or not??

I think yes, i know they are played out and 'chavvy' but i dont care, I think if the car looks 'fast and the furious' then these babies are a must!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
best bet is to use LED neons, not the cathode things. and to get an even glow, dont point them at the ground, point the one on the right to glow across the floor to the left and point the left at the ground under the right neon.. that way it spread across the floor..

I had the same problem until someone showed me that, then they looked awesome..

BUT one night i was driving home from work at 4 in the morning, and 3 gypsies stopped me in the road, forcing me to stop, they forced their way into the car and made me drive them home, threatening me all the way.. bloke in the seat behind me held my throat and made me drive them into their road FAST and it had speed bumps which smashed my 2 side neons, so i took them all off..

Rough night!

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WTF?! No way you got hijacked?!

I would have ran those fuckers over!

Wow good idea actually, never through of facing them towards each other. I regret taking them off now :( had a nice little switch on my dash too which now goes unused.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
hehe yeh, got hi jacked.. might save up for a good alarm with anti hi-jack on it..

Yeh me too actualy.. i have blue ones.. want some green now though..

·
Registered
225 Posts
neons do look awsome on the right car ie.the fast and furious cars so usually heavily kitted cars or a
nicely subtly modded car would also look well,ive owned my fair share of them since having my previous cars,
i had them on my flip painted corsa gsi and they look brilliant and a black nova gte with red ones,
i also like the footwell ones im looking into red ones for the ctr as they come standard on the white jdm model of my car!
i agree with ryan get the LED's as they last longer and give out a much brighter light ;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
i agree with lee, they only look right on the right sort of car! might try some on mine, cos i think its got the right sort of styling, dont know yet!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I defo agree with the LED neons, give it a much better even glow, however not necessasary to aim neons away from the ground.
No way, LED neons always give a spotted effect, some even promote themselves as giving this effect.
Front and back dont matter that much, but the side ones give a far nicer look if you aim them at the opposite side. This also gives a cleaner, even glow under the whole chassis.

·
Registered
14 Posts
this is a touchy subject and neons im affraid must be a no unless u want to be in the fast and the furious. tbh thats not real jdm havin neons. but each to there own.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts