Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the honda thing started when this happend

And now the LONG story starts lol il try and be breif...ish
After making a mess of the clio i purchased a EK3 fully standard and started work :)

then i swapped the old OZ super T's off the clio for £350 & theese rover wheels sprayed black :p

Then my mate was selling some bits off his civic cheap so it was then lowered 50mm on springs, carbon bonnet, and a twinloop exhaust

then for a short while i had some jdm y0 red lip steelys (winter wheels lol)

then i got a type R lip kit shortly before purchasing some Rota slip streams in flat black 15"

then sprayed the lips matt finish to match the new wheels :p

then i got some Tein superstreeet coilovers which are the best thing ive ever bought!

(thats not me ) lol
and then some spoon brace-age

then i got some new eassa LCA's and a lower tie baR

then one day driving around i saw a Vti for sale.. went to enquire just out of interest and i was amazed to find out he only wanted £2k for it so naturally i bit his arm off and went back the next day with the money :D
so out with the old

temporarily having 2 civics was badass :D

unfortunately i didnt get any standard photos of it as it was time to switch everything over!
suspention in after some siezzed bolts!

all changed over :D

Then i made a new photoshop and fell in love... so tried to replicate it!

and the buying begins for thsi one :p by this point ive bought a spoon N1 and drop in filter and wind deflectors but forgot to take any pics :(

so that left me with new wheels, some bracing for the rear, and a spare cam cover to do something with at a later date ;)
leavng me looking like this!

then i purchased a second hand DC sports 4-1 manifold and cleaned it up a bit!

at somepoint it had had the little bits on the bumper sprayed over silver so i "blackified" them again!

then i found a way of mounting the stock strut brace alongside the spoon one ..just for fun lol

and that old red rocker cover from earlier... got turned into this on one bored weekend!
complimented by new washers in the corner off an ITR and a new oil cap i got for free of a mate :D

then i decided to remove the top resonator box for a "spoon direct airflow pipe" but as theese are £150.. i knocked one up from an old induction kit i had lying around!
the inspiration

Resonator Out

Donar pipe

New pipe on :)

then thought id get some OEM fogs with amber lenses... was tense cutting the bumper! lol

DONE lol was fiddly but worth it in the end :)
Then i got some new spark plug leads and my ASR rear brace and ITR 22mm arb rear set-up arrived :)

New asr bits :)
old tackle off

new stuff going on :D

And finally after theese were missing when the kit turned up... they arrived and the ARB went on :D

While doin this i was pissed to find out taht my LCA bushes were well..... fucked

:S </3
But that brings me upto do date.. i curently have some new function 7 LCA's on the way and a exedy cluctch & flywheel kit . a new tien rear upper brace as mine is pants and a little dampachi doll (doesnt make it faster but it makes it cuter) lol
and this is lying in the garage waiting for me to put it all on
M-fACTORY H-brace

short shifter

goodridge braided lines

TODA cambelt

and this is how it stands today

Will be more updates shortly when im botherd to fit the stuff ive got or new stuff arrives :D
sorry if that took aagggeessss.... gota be my biggest post ever!!

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
^^^^^ I second that

·
Registered
227 Posts
yeah i'll agree with that. when neil said he was gettin white wheels i was dead against it....but now i <3 them!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had theese little bits turn up at work :) my office is filling up with parts haha Be getting em all put on soon!

Big thanks to S2 at FTWPerformance, Great help and got em out uber fast deffo recomend them :)

Edit:

wheres the rest of my post :( ? it was about 2 pages long! lol il try sort this out bare with me!

Edit:

Sorry the huge absence on here! Heres whats been done since my last visit ?

here are the F7's going on..and as allways welz was along to lend a hand Cheers dude :D :D
welll.. they arrived...

so got the old ones off and what a state the bushings were in!

the new ones start to go in with a little persuasion from "jade" the rubber mallet

Welz shocking it all into place.

and all done :)

This had been sitting in my room a few week just needing a rail... i managed to get a EK9 drivers side rail delivered for £60 and the seat cost me £100 brand spankers off a lovely woman who bought it for her boyfriends evo which he then sold before replacing the seat :p so for £160 all in i cant complain... had to re-drill the mounting points on the rails but only took couple of hours in total :) anywyas.... heres a quick pic of it in
oh btw its a recaro out of a EVO8... picture does the contours no justice its reallyy supportive as WELZ will vouch as once again.. he was there to lend a hand WELZ = LEGEND!

had a package arrive as my christmas present to myself and as its from me i have no reason to wait till christmas :p :D

Having seen the one adam had in his car and seeing how well made it was he very kindly agreed to get one made up for me , and the quality is outstanding!! fitment is perfect!! cant complain :)

il let the pics explain!

bit of fitting and eating

i cut the wrong side bigger to start with so now have a very untidy hole :p haha oh well

Had theese little bits turn up at work :) my office is filling up with parts haha Be getting em all put on soon!

Big thanks to S2 at FTWPerformance, Great help and got em out uber fast deffo recomend them :)

as i was planning on buying some R888's for the nurburgring anyway and theese came up for sale with enough tread on them to last the time im there i decided to purchase them, ive wanted a set of theese for a while now so its a bonus for £280 for the lot :D Gotta get the R888's slapped on the sprintharts and im guna get my vredestiens put on the rotas as my daily wheels i reckon! havnt got round to trying them on yet, il get pics when i do!

The wheels :

The new Shoes on!

the old green rockercover had gone a bit shitty due to my poor prep before spraying it lol so decided its time to come off as my OEM one was still in Spanking New condition, just gota decide what im guna do with the green one now :plot:

il put on my little updates from monday!! i had to remove the rear seatbelts to mount the X-brace properly as before the seatbelts were stopping it being in fully, no seatbelts so mite aswell sack off the rear seats aswell, also got my cupholders off welz that he got from Dave-T for me (money on its way soon dude!) Was a bit fiddly but got em fitted :D
Pics:
Seats out

Xbrace mounted properly!

Then on with the cupholders

Out with the old

and in with the new!

finally made the roadtrip upto DMS Motorsport in kent to get my new Hardrace bushes fitted , Buddy club front and rear camber adjusters fitted & H-brace fitted, finished off with a Fast Road / Track Allignment :D handles even better now :D feels so tight around corners! anyways... on with the pics! no pics of the bushes as they look pretty much the same haha (once again no progress pics sorry! )

as you can see the manifold is touching the H-brace, damn lack of clearance! Heat wrap i think is a must lol

Rear Camber Adjusters

Front Camber Adjusters

And Finally It all getting set up :D

Thanks again to the guys at DMS for sorting it out, some serious cars theres aswell! including a vtec mini and a 850Bhp Evo , and of course dixons DC2 :p

as you can see its all in a horrificly dirty state underneath atm after winter but il get it all cleaned up & Sealed soon, probabaly when doing the Braided brake lines :)

Thought id Get a couple of pics in here before both sets of wheels are sold!

:(
More updates soon tho :) in the form a 5stud conversion for some bigger brakes and ek9 wheels to match! :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a note aswell. just got back from the nurburgring, was amazing to say the least and the car really impressed me on track! hoping to go back in august if money will let me! :mrgreen:

Edit:

darkside said:
Its about time you update this Neil :p
haha yeah i know man! its been ages since ive been on this one! just got my old computer back and it was in the favourites!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm also interested in where you got parts from. I am after front and read camber adjusters. I have front and read strut braces (not top rear though as I need my seats lol).
Like the rear Braces as they look so awesome and as I've just snapped my rear anti roll bar drop links I thought i might as well replace them!

Cheers mate. PM me if needed cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tbh i got my parts from all over the place! lol mostly from either Vtecdirect and i got my camber adjusters from FTWperformance , the rest ive just picked up second hand , and the X-brace i got a mate to fabricate for me :)

I have no idea how much ive spent now but its way over the value of the car, Hense why ive still got it lol would loose alot to sell it so im going to wait and buy a sensible car when i move out , and then go even more nuts on it as a track car lol Cheers for the comments, its still a work in progress and getting my 5stud conversion on in a couple of weeks! :mrgreen:

And as for the top brace and needing your rear seats, the rear seats fit in with the Rear top strut brace, just not your headrests, if you do put one in tho id recomend puting some kind of foam around them as when i had the 2braces before the xbrace my mates moaned about banging there head on it haha, dont have that problem now without seats :D lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cheers dude Gonna do a google search for Vtecdirect and FTWperformance lol. Its just nice to have some links off people who buy the same sort of stuff ya see.
ya see although i am 22 my closest mates either cba to drive (or even take their test) or have crap cars so we always go in mine as its more fun so i need all me seats lol
i like my parcel shelf to, wont this have to come out when i fit a rear upper brace?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nah rear upper brace doesnt affect anything it just goes straight accross between the top rear seatbelt mounts :) parcel shelf is safe dont wory! lol yeha im 22 and most my mates are the same, other than a few mates who are into cars who i dont see that much NONE of my mates give a shit about cars, & allways just treat mine like any car and its like FFS!!! Dont lean on my door, dont put ur bag on my roof itl scratch it, etc etc etc hense the removing of rear seats, a perfect reason to not ferry more people around just cus they CBA to learn how to drive ... and i needed the space for wheels when i went to the ring haha

Tbh tho mate, if you havnt bought the top brace yet and you can save the extra money ... get an X-brace, makes so much more difference than the strut braces i had! :) ....... but you would need to cut small semicircles out of your parcel shelf :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
You are exactly the same as me!

the worst they got away with was a shitty drink on my roof but thats cos I told them they couldn't bring it in my car lol

No food or drink.

rather not be cutting holes to be honest. i'm still only using the car now as a road car so its not so bad, when my anti roll bar drop links come and I can fit them the car will be good again, still found it handled like a go kart anyway lol. round a bouts are my fortay :p noone catches me on them :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nah i know what u mean, twisties are where my car shines lol mines still my daily driver to and from work, which is really annoying, but when i get it to a decent bit of windy road makes it all worth it again :D

what droplinks have you ordered ? the spherical ball joint ones i had have both popped :( so im a bit rattly atm, ive been advised to go for OEM droplinks next time, they arnt as rigid but they last alot longer, by Blox ones have only just made it past 10months lol

1 - 20 of 62 Posts