Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Im looking to purchase myself a Honda Civic 1,6 I-vtech Sport.

The car im looking at is: 3 dr, Manual, Petrol, its silver. £4988, I would get 1 year warranty.

Now its a 2004 (04) plate But! wat was getting to me was the 64025 miles it has on it.
The car has had 3 previous owners. Now I could asume that these 3 ppl have been easy going like me and made sure they looked after there car. But on the other hand any one of them could have Thrashed the pants off it (the more likley case)
I mean it could have been to the moon and back :eek: .

I have looked around for a little while now and this seems to be the one that draws me too it. (but mabe its not selling for that reason)

Just want to know Would it be worth taking the Risk or waiting for somthing with a little lower milage?

Cheers Guys for any input. ( was chuffed with my insurance for only £28 a month for this fully comp WooT).

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
you could get yourself a type r with that mileage for around that price!!

insurance wouldnt be as cheap tho Lol!!! the type rs seem to be as cheap as the sports these days, i think its because of the whole credit crunch and people cant afford the insurance more than anything!! but with your insurance only being £350 for the sport its not gonna be ridiculous for the type r!?
heres me goin on about the type r so much and the poor lad probably just wants a sport as a nice nippy run about car lol

whats that workin out about, 13k miles a year, seems alot of them could have been motorway miles as thats alot of mileage for its age, either that or its had

a young owner with nothing better to do than rake it around all day!! check to see if its 100% standard

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VTech < Cheers m8 lol better get my terms right.

Thnx for the Input.

From what I read the Sport has almost the same Interior as the type R, < I might upgrade If I like the sport after a few years.

Dont want too to just jump straight into the top model, G/F might b getting to do some lesons in it. Think I will get enough from the 1.6, went from a 1.0l corsa b to a 1.2 sxi corsa c (driving atm)

TBH I Just want a real car and I have loved the look of the Civic (not sure wat modle/mark civic's are at).

So its perhaps a good idea to bide my time and wait for somthing else?

Hmm the way I was looking at it (hoping) was that the miles had been spent on the motorway but it is 5k to find out. (will a honda run forever?).

Thanks Again, keep em coming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KK Guys ty again,

Will keep you posted, will just be patient.
I could use the time to try get a test drive in one, Im sure I wont be dissapointed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts