Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i've almost finished adding the fog lights to my civic, but my main issue is the lack of power from my 1.4 engine. Barely 90 BHP. I know alot of ppl are going to say the easiest solution is to buy a civic with a bigger engine-bit difficult as my dad is against the idea-lazyness really lol. But i'm wondering whether i can do anything with this car as it's my first car, I want some more power. Would remapping give much more power, im in the midland area!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
theres a few things you can do to your 1.4, first of all obviously starting with intake and exhaust, you can get yourself a new intake filter and exhaust system, manifold/decat/catback will usually free up a few bhp, some people can get their 1.4's upto about 110 with these mods, just depends what state your engine is in!
remappings a good idea but you would be best getting intouch with a tuning place and ask them what kind of increase is usually expected out of the 1.4s to see if its really worth you spending money on!

if you want to put a bit more work into your engine there is a thing called a mini-me swap, by changing your cars cylinder head,intake manifold and throttle body to one from a d15 or d16 sohc engine you can get gains bringing your car upto about 135-145bhp if done right! your car will now have vtec and apart from the new mani and TB anybody will be clueless to whats going on inside the engine :D

hope that helps

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
josh897 said:
theres a few things you can do to your 1.4, first of all obviously starting with intake and exhaust, you can get yourself a new intake filter and exhaust system, manifold/decat/catback will usually free up a few bhp, some people can get their 1.4's upto about 110 with these mods, just depends what state your engine is in!
remappings a good idea but you would be best getting intouch with a tuning place and ask them what kind of increase is usually expected out of the 1.4s to see if its really worth you spending money on!

if you want to put a bit more work into your engine there is a thing called a mini-me swap, by changing your cars cylinder head,intake manifold and throttle body to one from a d15 or d16 sohc engine you can get gains bringing your car upto about 135-145bhp if done right! your car will now have VTEC and apart from the new mani and TB anybody will be clueless to whats going on inside the engine :D

hope that helps
You've been a great help mate, I guess i'll do some more reading. I like the idea of your so called "mini me swap," sounds very beneficial. Only issue now is my insurance company, hope they don't increase my premium alot!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Davyw22 said:
erm when you buy VTEC head what do you get with it a new rocker cover tada

Edit:

unless ofc your going through all the hassle to find 1 that doesnt say VTEC

lol lol lol it doesnt take a genius to work out that you just put your old cover back on lol lol lol

no worries!! check out this website, the guys put a step by step on how to do every ya need to know!!

http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lol

is davy the kinda guy that wanders why his car makes such a crunching noise when changing gears and gets pissed off that his left foot keeps getting caught on a pedal he believes car manufacturers are yet to find a use for lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts