Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a eg 1.6 16v sohc vtec piston rings are on the way out me and my dad own a garage just want to no about the 2.2 sohc vtec can i drop that in place? is the wiring loom the same what about the clocks i no i will need the box and shafts just the loom im not sure about cheers

·
Registered
332 Posts
what 2.2 sohc are you on about, coz im pretty certain that there aint one. are you not thinking of the h22 from a prelude? that a 2.2dohc vtec.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure really im sure i saw a civic eg on ebay a little while ago and he said it was a 2.2 sohc vtec, really all i want to no is, is there a vtec engine other then the 1.6 its got in it that will fit in with not alot of messing around? or should i stick with the 1.6 if so has anyone got one. other thing is my mums got a 2.0 16v sohc not vtec prelude with 50000miles is it possible to swap bottom ends not sure of the engine number but its a 92reg any help will be great cheers

·
Registered
332 Posts
right. well na there is no 2.2sohc. the only other engine that bolts straight in is the b18b out of an integra, any others need different mounts etc, not sure on swapping prelude bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts