Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!!!!!

I recently purchased a Civic Sport 1.6 V-tec, 54 Plate and i would like to install my sub and amplifier into the boot. The problem is that i cannot locate anywhere to feed the power cable from the battery through the fire wall, does anyone know how i might be able to install it without having to drill a hole?? I have already replaced the standard head unit with a pioneer one so i have all the pre outputs and the capability to simple connect the amp to the stereo no problem.

I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer me. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not familiar with your car but on most cars it's a case of feeding the cable through a rubber grommet containing other wires. Have a look around the top of the engine bay for any other cables being feed through and you should find one that will take it. You might have to make a small nick in the grommet for it to fit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah i thought i wasnt gonna be able to feed the power cable through either. But on the right hand side of the engine bay, about 15cm below the dashboard, there was a small black plastic circle that i pulled outand managed to pull it through therre with a help from a set of pliers. But your cars different so it might be situated in a different location. Just keep looking as there will b one somewhere. I was looking for a good 10 minutes before i realised my wires from the neons had to go through a whole somewhere in the engine bay n managed to find it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My power cable went top right hand side of the engine bay, down the passenger door arch, then alone the floor to the boot.
Rough as fook way but it works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
easiest way to get like a 4 guage cable through is first to use a long 60-90cm straw- get that through first halfway- then using some black electrical wiring tape, tape up the power cable onto the straw- about 2-3 inches of overlap.

Then from the passenger side pull the straw through. it took me less than 2 mins to get the power cable through the fireboard using this method :D

the cable comes through behind the glove box- sit your self on your back till your head is touching the highest point of the footwell, make sure ur bonnet is open- and u will see some daylight and thats where ur straw will be.

·
Registered
340 Posts
every car should have at least one grommet in the firewall!! there are factory wires that have to get through from the engine bay, so locate a few of them behind the dash somewhere and just follow them until you see where they went through! the power cable will probs be 8 gauge, there should be enough room left to squeeze it through!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts