Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
mamz said:
how do i remove my nob? anyone got a guide to diy?
Hay dude sounds painfull, why dont you speak to a doctor ;) lol

If you can let us know the moddel that would really help :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
lol lol

d.i.y

step one: twist off old gear knob
step two: twist on new gear knob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol sounds pretty simple lol :redface: , its a 98 1.4i civic, any good tips on performance upgrades, im not sure wt kinda exhaust i should go for i dnt wnt a massive powerflow just a little boost would do. thanks :D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea theres not alot you can do to a 1.4 to be honest!!

iv a ej9 1.4 and have a sportex catback system and a 4-2-1 manifold and induction kit!!

after my m.o.t in 2 months il put a decat on it and im currently looking around for parts to do a cylinder head conversion

have a look on the site at the section about "mini-me swaps" in the engine section!! thats really the only other thing you can do

to your engine that you will get any real power gain! few people have got around 140bhp from this kind of swap before when done right!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeh its a 98 hatch, looking to put rims but wt kind any tips? yeh i need some kick in my car, takes da mick pickin up speed? :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
perhaps thats an option, but i dnt think i gt da cash for dat ryt nw, do i have to go for a specific type of engine or any honda engine will do or does it have to be in a certain range ..... well lets say a 1.5 say for example ?

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Nae proint going from a 1.4 up to a 1.5 as you wont get much more power for all the effort and cost in putting in an engine. Better to look at B16, B18 and K20 engines.

Power:
B16a1 150 bhp
B16a2 160 bhp
B18** 185BHP
K20** 200-220bhp

Alot more power for your buck.

You can also go H22, BUT I hear they are a bitch to fit and wire up.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
if your looking for low budget the mini-me is your best bet for a quick swap, you will need a cylinder head in the same d-series!

pretty much involves swapping the cylinder head over and getting a vtec ecu wired up! you would want to change the intake manifold too

and the throttle body to get rid of that stupid upwards facing TB you have that you can get very little good air intakes for!!

the most expensive part of a mini-me conversion really is you will want a bit of dyno time to get it tuned up nicely!!

definately worth having a look into if your happy enough with about 130-140bhp and dont have the money for a b16/b18 swap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts