Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need an induction kit. i don't want to spend a lot of money on it. i have a honda civic VTEC 1.5i LS 1996. i have seen one on ebay,here's the link. can you please help me. i need to know whether this is a good one and will it give my car a bit of ROAR under the hood. i have installed a performance exhaust already to give me the loud roar noise. would this induction kit fit my car. please help.
thanks indeed
here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270309145760&_trksid=p2759.l1259

·
Registered
381 Posts
the hard pipe will be ok but the filter itself will be sh!te and it will give you a little bit of a "roar"

hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what would you suggest is the best thing to do because my budget is very low and it seems like the right thing. would the filter effect the car's performance. thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
i would buy a long ram kit, a long pipe that puts the filter as far to the front of the car as possible) and put either a k&n or pipercross filter on it

but if you are on a budget get yourself a k&n replacement panel filter and put it in your standard airbox but DO NOT drill your box for fook sake, it may sound better but will do nothing for your engine

and dont expect any gain from a change of filter mate, if you are expecting a gain from that get your head out of max power/redline/fast car etc and read some proper magazines ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i like yout idea. this link on ebay ive posted above. do u think the filter / pipe will reach, where the air coming in from. i think from what i saw. i saw a pipe coming right underneath the current air intake filter. would this induction kit on ebay reach the pipe where the air is channled to the filter. If possible , shell i post the picture of inside of the bonet so you know where everything is as you can see im rubbish at explaining it. thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
the pipe in the link above will take the filter just in front of the strut top, you can get pipes that go down into the front bumper though

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
deanw17 and honda-vtec dont waste your time even looking at ebay induction kits to be honest, i have one on my ej9

and there is a stupid schreech/whistle it gives off at certain throttle positions, has been doing my head in since

i fitted the thing around 6 months ago!! cant wait to change to another induction but as i am getting a side

intake manifold fitted soon i cant really buy it now, tempted to put the stock filter back on but i have lost

the rubber seal that seals the box to the throttle body, dean if you get an induction fitted, feel free to chuck your

seal my way lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ebay don't sell anything, they are an auction site :mrgreen:
There are certain "shops" on ebay to avoid granted, but don't just write eBay off as some people sell dodey stuff. There are bargains to be had as it only costs a few quid to list a product on there and not have to take into consideration lighting, insurance, staff, etc of a physical shop.

Rant over, air filters will usually lean out (the fuelling) high up the rev range, and sometimes can reduce power. I know you said you're just after the noise, which will be great with ANY filter (whether you pay £30 or £300). Chuck a little bit of advance ie. wind the dizzy , in there if you want to help things along, although a mapping session would do wonders if you are going to get a few bolt-on's.

My preference would be to learn how to map it myself. There's nothing more fun in breaking past the mass idea's that bolt ons will get you 60 bhp etc, and looking into fuelling, ignition timing, volumetric efficiency, cam timing....list goes on.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
no iv had some great products off ebay for my car and i even have another 3 things waiting at the post office tomorrow

for me all off ebay :D im just saying as far as inductions for EJ9's go i wudnt go for ebay induction kits as in "induction

kits which are sold by people on ebay lol " unless somebody selling branded ones obviously

induction kits for EJ9s arent that common really, most seem to be for the side facing TB's like on EK's, from what

iv found on ebay so far all the ej9 inductions are generally rubbish, including the one i have, the brackets are

poor causing the kit to just bounce about all over the place and the filters dont seem much better!!

like DM-racing said, go for a nice panelfilter and spend your money else where!!

i would love to get my car remapped but its a simple money of cash-ish :neutral:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts