Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have recently bought a honda civic 1.5 LS Vtec 1996 P reg. it has a standard exhaust on it. i want to change the back box so it makes very loud noise like nissan skyline or subaru. i dont want a de-cat or anything. i just want to change the backbox. i have looked on ebay. there are few going for about £40 - £80. Are they any good and loud? how and where can i buy the loud BACKBOX, i want it proper loud. kindly help. i know all you people are experienced here so please help. how would i go on about changing the exhaust or the backbox for loudness. i see on my road a lot of honda civics with so loud exhaust that you can hear them for miles. Do i also need KnN induction kit as well with the exhaust to make it sounds loud. please kindly explain in details and in simple terms please.
kindly help
Kindest Regards

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: Need a Loud Backbox on Honda VTEC 1995, 1.5 LS

Hello,
i've got a vtec too and a standard exhaust.
I put a trust induction on it and it has made lots of diffrence to the noise, just on its own.
hope that helps?

·
Registered
211 Posts

ye but vickie yours is a DOHC VTEC his is a SOHC VTEC the crossover aint as loud

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

m8 tbh an just induction kit and a catback exhaust system is gonna b enuf to have the police pullin you over

anyways but if you want it really loud, a race tube and a backbox will make it even louder than a catback as you have no silencer on the centre pipe

, and adding a decat will take it even further!!

tbh ur gonna be spending alot more than £40!!

if ur goin the cheapy option go for sumfin like this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-3-DOO ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the expensive (quality) route go for this lol

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/catalog/budd ... 16582.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but mate to be honest if your going for a really loud sound its gonna just give you hassle and probably a sore head

·
Registered
340 Posts

^^ haha

just changing the backbox wont make it sound like a subaru or an evo, you need a good quality full system to get something like that! There will be backboxes available on ebay, type in the car you have and the word "exhaust" and there will be one. Then take it to a garage and just say "fit that for me"

Sorted.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

thanks for the advice people. one last favour please. i have checked on ebay and there are a few but i can't really tell which one to go for. i need a big bore one, loud one but reasonably priced like up to about £100. is it possible for someone to check on ebay that they think would do the job, and post the link here. thanks indeed for your help again friends.
regards

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

Just take the whole exhaust system off, it will be plenty loud enough then.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

i did that on my 1.3 fiesta. just the cat left on, made it sound like a V12 :)

·
Registered
680 Posts

There is nothing worse than a car that makes all that noise but is no quicker than "average joe 1.3"

·
Registered
94 Posts

Edd said:
Just take the whole exhaust system off, it will be plenty loud enough then.
Nah you want to drill holes all the way down the exhaust, take off the airbox and stretch a pair of your mums old tights over the throttle body ! Be loud as a chav can possibly handle yo !

So a loud exhaust on a 1.5 for no performance gains, just to make it loud? Is this guy a professional cockend or just a gifted amateur? :rolleyes:

Why not put the money towards some nice rims or a proper induction system? You are just gonna make your car look like an absolute wannabe lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

lol im driving around with no backbox on at the moment and to be honest its making me wander why anybody

would ever want a loud exhaust, the constant droning has actually started to really do my head in and i find after

a while it even makes my chest sore for some reason!!

cant wait to finally get the system completely tomorrow before everybody in my area begins to think iv gone n bought

a tractor ffs!! lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts