Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Common Introduction Questions:
- Can we see some photos of your car if you have one?
If I work out how to post them

- What modifications have you made?
None as yet, unless you count the obligatory CD player and novelty air freshner

- What future plans do you have?
I need some alloys, but I'm after standard Honda ones - nothing fancy, just some 15 or 16's I reckon

- Where are you located?
Ely, near Cambridge

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate!

It's nothing massively special. It's an R-reg (97) 1.4i, 6th generation I think? It's done 70k. I was going for a 5th gen, but it's difficult to find one that isn't totally beaten up for an affordable price.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
are you still looking for a 5th gen? Is yours a hatch or coupe?

Im looking for a 6th gen at the moment and not bothered about a coupe or a hatch, id buy either..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine's a hatch mate. I'm not really looking to sell, I've only just bought it, and it's a good car. Difficult to find in the condition it's in, which I'm sure you know! What model have you got?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

Ive had it for 2 years with no problems, its been great.

Im looking to get a hatch like yours to turn into a track car.
Let me know if your still gonna look for a 5th gen as im looking to sell mine, could even sort out some sort of swap or part ex.

Get some pics up of yours mate :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yours looks nothing short of sexual. Whats the mileage? Theres no doubt I would've had yours off you in a second, only trouble is the ol' insurance. I'm 22, just been driving a year, only had my 6th for 2 months. I'm paying enough as it is!

I'll get some pics of mine up tomorrow I should think. I'm at work at the moment! I've gotta take some pics as well. I'll warn you - it needs a wash!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
an EK is the chassis model of your car mate.. mine is an EJ2

Yeh i love the look of my car! imo its the nicest looking model of the older civics.
Too be honest mate, its awesome on insurance. Im only 20 and i pay £660 a year. When i was 17 my 1.0 litre micra was £1550 lol!!
Its done 150k miles and still, like a true honda drives likes its just come outta the showroom. Done loads too it aswell.
Full list here introductions/ryan-t33.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, cool, I see. I have to say this is the most responsive and most helpful forum I think I've ever been on!

My insurance is 690, thats with eCar, in case anyone was wondering!

I'm gonna have to pass on your beaut, skinny. I'm in no position to be buying a new car, and I'm quite fond of my EK ;) though theres no doubt that yours is a superb example.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I cant acturally remember my dad sorts out all my insurance he used to sell full farm insurance for years so knows the market like the back of his hand! still the cheapest he could get me on his Saab 95 2.3 HOT AERO was 2500 quid :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts