Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well having sold the crx on thursday the obvious thing to do next was to buy a new engine, not for my car this time tho, for my mates EF. having replaced their engine with a D16 SOHC a month ago we wanted to put the DOHC version in, D16A9, so found one on the wonderfull ebay.

picked it up on friday, while there got carried away and bought driveshafts, antiroll bars, hubs, kyb/koni suspension and new tie rods, all for £170 inc the engine and box :) this all fit in the back of my ek after winding the coilys up by 25mm (there are so simple and easy to adjust on the side o the road, worth their weight in gold)

on the saturday spent the day removing the old D16 and putting the new one in, having spent an hour trying to get it running at the end of the day, it turned out to be a perrished wire, fixed that, then got her up to temp all fine and dandy, then came getting her in gear, not so straight forward!! having adjusted the clutch to its limit, we still couldnt get it to drive (according to the seller it had a brand new clutch)
[attachment=1:2qlp566o]DSC00004 (Small).JPG[/attachment:2qlp566o][attachment=2:2qlp566o]DSC00005 (Small).JPG[/attachment:2qlp566o][attachment=3:2qlp566o]DSC00007 (Small).JPG[/attachment:2qlp566o]

and fitted the suspension
[attachment=0:2qlp566o]DSC00003 (Small).JPG[/attachment:2qlp566o]

sunday rolls on and its time to take the engine back out and fit a spare clutch from the old engine, took it out, sold the spare D16 to a guy who had seen it on ebay (money back for the new engine) and then put the engine back in, managed to get this one to drive (the clutch turned out to be brand new but fitted the wrong way round DUHHHH!) so within 8 hours on the sunday we got an engine out, new clutch in and back in and running.

the car runs faster and sweeter now, except there was no room for the power steering so we removed it, this was a mistake its well heavy now so were going to make a bracket and put it back on!!

all this and i still found time to do the coventry ring road challenge, 1 min 36.5 to go 2.2miles round the city centre :p thats the new record under my belt 8-|

but we still have engines, wheels, suspension, exhausts and shit all over the drive[attachment=4:2qlp566o]DSC00008 (Small).JPG[/attachment:2qlp566o]

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all we need to do is make another £50 and its as though the entire weekend was free

see it is posible to do 2 engine conversions in one weekend :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well we dont know what the old engine was, we only put it in a month ago, was the 1.6 SOHC from the 4wd shuttle (were going to do a turbo 4wd conversion, but the parts wouldn't fit in the £100 budget lol) before that it was the D14, again don't know what the small amount of power that was put out from the ashmatic carbed engine

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
lol, thats a good accomplishment all in one weekend, fair play, got through some work there!!
Your mate gonna sign up or??

Urgh, god i want an EF

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Skinny said:
lol, thats a good accomplishment all in one weekend, fair play, got through some work there!!
Your mate gonna sign up or??

Urgh, god i want an EF
not being funny or slatting anyones car but why do you want an EF i think yours is much more stylish , or am i missing something here :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
job well done mate! wish my engine conversion was that quick! my drive was the same lol had the parents moaning for weeks, finally moved it al yesterday!

the d16z6 is 130bhp standard!

·
Registered
28 Posts
that's a hefty amount of work for a weekend! nice one.

i remember how much of a pain in the ass it was just to change my clutch in my old GTi-6 :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts