Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having stripped the paint off last week, i finally got round to getting the next layer on!!
looks wicked now, but i don't expect it to last :(

[attachment=4:1llu64ry]DSC00821 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1llu64ry][attachment=3:1llu64ry]DSC00831 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1llu64ry][attachment=2:1llu64ry]DSC00833 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1llu64ry][attachment=1:1llu64ry]DSC00837 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1llu64ry][attachment=0:1llu64ry]DSC00835 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1llu64ry]

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah hopefully bens sorting that bit out!!

its white, an engine produces shit and i'm leeking a bit of oil, i tank around everywhere, i don't have splash guards, and its not gloss, its a rough finish so i won't be able to clean it, so it will get filthy very quick lol

but yeah it looks wicked, well glad i did it white!! :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
go to any motor store and you can get high temp heavy gloss laquer, that way its fully wipeable and looks nice and shiny. looks awesome though mate.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
believe me i tried, went to all the companiey in cov, well not all of them, but plenty, and no one had any decent paint appart from blakc or wrinkle black!! so i ordered this off the net, it does look mint tho. i will try to get some gloss and redo it wen this looks less impressive

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hummmm yeah i can sort of see where you are comming from nicky, it was dark at that point so the quality was shit!! but i can assure you its white lol

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah alec i agree, i wouldn't be able to do that myself!! i havn't got the patience lol, but it does look good, appart from the grey SC

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm printing my disertation, but its so easy i'll give you a hand!!
bring it to frank whittle and on your way buy sum nitro mors in the green tin, that removes the paint in 20mins :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
im pretty tempted to as well....but need to revise for exam on wed. last one too! Hopefully i dont have to go to work straight away on the thurs. Ive got vaseline to do the dohc vtec bits!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
did you mask the letters off or sand them after?? just read what you said above doh!!

never realised that worked cheers

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
It's best to sand them off after on a block of wood. Get a much sharper cut between the paint and the metal.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah alec is right, however if you were a slap happy with the wax as me you'll have a slightly rough finish, also with white if i sanded them afterwards it would instantly make my rocker dirty, which would b very difficult to remove.
i spent about 20mins before praying sanding down and pollishing the letters :) bling bling lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts