Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not here to slag anyone off. But im sure im not the only person who can see that there is something wrong.

The sprayer is a national modifier and a member of Octane Junkies, he insists its a good job and just need 1 day job on to flat and polish!!!!

What upset me is when he Dropped the car off he already had it for just over 10 weeks, so why couldnt he spare that 1 day!!!!!!!

Then he demanded i paid him £200 of the £300 I owed him.

When i said there were dints all over he SAID " Do U expect me to go allround the car and get rid of all the dents" " U know your not going to get a GOOD job for £750"

Then he blamed me for getting the wrong paint, stating it was Matt and not Gloss. Thats why it didnt shine. Took the paint back to the Supplier they can guarantee me 100% it is Gloss. Bought 2 lots of paint from the supplier previously NO PROBLEMS.

The smooth door is wavey he insists the doors are all rippled thats why its like that. Strange as hes done a good Job on the otherside.

Told me he's done 4 coats of paint on my car. Strange as the car is not really white!!!! When the sun shines blue comes Thru.

Had an independent inspection By A few sprayers in Sheffield.
1. Was told the prep work was rushed thats why someplaces looks like paintbrush finish as sanding was poor.
2. There isn't enough coats of paint thats why blue is showing through.
3. Hes sprayed over a few rust patches. That says it all.

He now wants me to dropp the car of with him for a 3rd time.....Would YOU?

1st time he took 4 months.
Then left it on my drive for 8 months before picking it up back up to rectify.
Then had it for almost 3 months this time.

Original price was 800 including trailer both ways.

Paid for that trailer up front. £85
Then gave him 400 up front. So in reality i paid him 485 cash.
plus my 200 for paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
im shocked. and i mean godsmacked. id kill the fucker!

looks like a lot of money has gone into that car, and hes just screwed it. dont give it him back! and tell him you want you're money back, if he wont give it then go to trading standards! and definitely put these pics up on every forum you can think of. and then smash his garage up.

that is shocking!!! seriously mate, do not give it back to him, pay the extra money to get the job done properly!!! 750 for a full respray is way too cheap!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should see the overspray in my interior. Paint everywhere. Had to strip completlely. Luckily im going to retrim it in leather...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He and another member of Octane Junkies delivered the car back to me damaged. Told me to my face nothing wrong with it.

I thought it was my eyesight!!!!!!

He owns a Garage and has done cars that was placed at the old maxpower live.

Tries to fob me off with Technical Jargon.

Spoke to him and he has reluctantly refunded me £160 upto now. AS i told him i was reporting him to trading standards.

BUT HE STILL INSISTS its a GOOD JOB.

Its not the money issue as its taking 14 months already. If he came clean and said "Sorry mate i rushed and did a shit job" it would be worth more than money.

1st he blames the paint, then blames the car as rippled and then tells me it only a few hours to sort out.

Dont wish to name and shame him but im sure some of you will find out who this garages is!!!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
meant to say earlier, the overspray in the engine pay looks unrepairable to be honest mate!! i would seriously smash this guys garage up and be very tempted to whack him. i cant believe these pics!

definitely a job for trading standards (and you and your mates pissed up one saturday night, armed with bricks) :p

one last thing..............NAME AND SHAME!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
firstly if he wont give your money back name and shame 100% there is nothing he can do as you are not slandering him because all you say is true, thats the worst paint job i have ever seen i have seen novices with cans of spray paint , painting outside do a far better job, all he has done is fucked your car up every single picture is a disgrace , have you paid cash? and have you had an invoice for the work? also is he a vat registered buisness all this is relevant , he is a fucking scam merchant who doesnt deserve a spray gun , not that it looks like he has used one ive seen better brush jobs , and his prep work is beyond words , i would fucking kill him .

·
Registered
795 Posts
That is an appaling paint job!! Absolutely shocking!! And theres no doubt he should have done more than what he has done.

BUT...(and I hate to be the T**t here)...but you should've known after the first time not to bother and for 750 not to expect to much. Granted it should be better than it is though!!

To be honest mate I'd definately name and shame this tosser and take the time to research into what you wanna be doing and maybe sand it and prep it yourself and take it to a reputable automotive sprayer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
well there she blows! it is bad man, u were right! they have even sprayed the tyres!! id be right on the phone to trading standards and get it sorted out! even though it still needs to be cut back, it shouldn't of been that bad in the first place! if i were you id go to another bodyshop get it cut back n polished up and see how it looks to do you just now! it will need done again though

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i would go round, smack him, tell him to fix it and want sex with his wife/gf (as long as she is hot) until he fixed it! up the arse too!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
LOL stug!

Seriously mate that is appaling one of the worst jobs i have EVER seen! Me and my dad resprayed one of our rangies in a dusty barn and did a better job than that (we did a bloddy good job acturally!)

Hall his ass to trading standards as previously said and name and shame the tosser. I suggest name and shame his on Pistonheads (with the photos) as well as there is a massive audience on there and word will get around.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts