Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So here is my car,Firsty, i know a Few on the site dont really approve of the replica's, well if i could get a type R i would and in fact it would have been cheaper for me to buy a type r when i got this, but in Ireland the Price of insurance is ridiculous, i am under a parent just to keep it at a reasonable price,as well as im a student who needs something good on petrol for travelling, so practically a Type R wasnt an option, so i went for one that resembles one, in fairness, having a car thats cheap to run that can be mistaken by most(not you experts :p ) is not a bad thing for me. As well, in fairness the standard Ep isn't exactly the most sporty/attractive .

Plans: Not too many as im broke between getting the car ,insurance and then college too, but

Wind Deflectors

Back Box of some sort, i want a sporty looking one, but really dont want it too noisy, just attracts unnecessary attention.

Wheels , The wheels are in quite bad shape, flaking paint and scratches, so possibly a replacement set in the next few months,

other things i've thought about would be lowering, but i use my car a good bit, so i dont want to have to drive like a granddad evertime theres a small bump.

Also tinting the back 3 windows, not top priority but i think it looks nicer/sporty ...

So thats it :) give opinions/options please :D

Oh and better pics to follow, these were ones i took quick when i just got it to show some mates :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: My Milano EP Type R Rep

R3DD3V1L said:
looks good sio far :wave:
Thanks Man,

Going to get it waxed/buffed in the next week or so, the roof is doing what seems to be common and its faded slightly, just enough to annoy the shit out of me.Hopefully getting wind deflectors ordered now in the next day or so .

·
Registered
517 Posts

Hmm.. A Sport (EP2)?
Not a fan of replicas myself; get the real thing, not copy its styling and be left at the lights by everything on the road. :eh:
Red is a pain to look after, keep on top of it or it will get worse :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

YangTang said:
Hmm.. A Sport (EP2)?
Not a fan of replicas myself; get the real thing, not copy its styling and be left at the lights by everything on the road. :eh:
Its the 1.4 ep1 model, cheaper to run , and i could have got the real thing as stated, but wouldnt be able to run it, i wont be racing i try stay away from the stereotypical civic owner/20yo = boy racer, i travel to college and work and need practicality, so a head turner over a rocket is more in the lines of what i needed. + i plan on keeping the red in good nick, nobody wants a pink car haha :)

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts

irishlad92 said:
R3DD3V1L said:
Thanks Man,

Going to get it waxed/buffed in the next week or so, the roof is doing what seems to be common and its faded slightly, just enough to annoy the s**t out of me.Hopefully getting wind deflectors ordered now in the next day or so .

my roof has done the same, the laquer has deteriated near the rear, it doesnt bnother me to much as u cant really see it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

R3DD3V1L said:
irishlad92 said:
R3DD3V1L said:
Thanks Man,

Going to get it waxed/buffed in the next week or so, the roof is doing what seems to be common and its faded slightly, just enough to annoy the s**t out of me.Hopefully getting wind deflectors ordered now in the next day or so .

my roof has done the same, the laquer has deteriated near the rear, it doesnt bnother me to much as u cant really see it
I have only just got the car so im in the wanting everything perfect stage , my dads mate
Does car paintwork professionally so hoping a simple wax and buff should be cheap with him ,

·
Registered
403 Posts

irishlad92 said:
YangTang said:
Hmm.. A Sport (EP2)?
Its the 1.4 ep1 model, cheaper to run , and i could have got the real thing as stated, but wouldnt be able to run it, i wont be racing i try stay away from the stereotypical civic owner/20yo = boy racer, i travel to college and work and need practicality, so a head turner over a rocket is more in the lines of what i needed. + i plan on keeping the red in good nick, nobody wants a pink car haha :)
Fair enough. I have never had an issue with replicas personally, your car and do what you want. As you say, you don't race, it's all about the looks :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

1.4civic said:
irishlad92 said:
YangTang said:
Hmm.. A Sport (EP2)?
Fair enough. I have never had an issue with replicas personally, your car and do what you want. As you say, you don't race, it's all about the looks :D
Yeah, i didn wanna come across as ignorant or anything, but peoples opinions will differ, im young, i've plenty of time to get a rocket of a car, but at 20 and in college and with petrol getting ridiculously expensive it just wouldn be practical, its funny though its actually more expensive here for replica's than actual type R's in most cases, haha

·
Registered
517 Posts

irishlad92 said:
YangTang said:
Hmm.. A Sport (EP2)?
I didn't mean this as a knock at you, sorry if it's come across that way!
Being only 23 myself, i know its hard just with insurance these days, and like you said, fuel prices arn't getting any cheaper (£1.35 near me...). Think i'll buy a push bike and slap a 'Honda Type R' badge on the side lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

YangTang said:
irishlad92 said:
YangTang said:
Hmm.. A Sport (EP2)?
I didn't mean this as a knock at you, sorry if it's come across that way!
Being only 23 myself, i know its hard just with insurance these days, and like you said, fuel prices arn't getting any cheaper (£1.35 near me...). Think i'll buy a push bike and slap a 'Honda Type R' badge on the side lol
I know that !, thats why i said i didnt wanna seem ignorant haha, well its 1.70 euro here, and supposedly hitting the 2euro mark soon , obviously i would like a type R rather than an imposter ! haha, but i like the look of the type r more than a standard EP . When buying a car i wanted something sporty but not bad, was thinking tdi golf, but they are sooo common here, there was only one other type r rep around here and it was in a shocking state ha. when i can afford to run a 2lt petrol ill get one haha, but for now a 1.4 shall do. and with all the fuckin speedin vans here now i wouldn get a chance to drive it haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wheels looking quite clean :)

Looks like its sitting too high here, but otherwise good.

Add an ep2 backbox onto this and i think it would improve it a lot but for now its all good :)

And Finally, This is the damage wheel wise, this would be one of the worst ones, not long after being cleaned either, the pain is flaking etc but for the time being they dont look toooooo bad.

So What You's Think?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EP2_J4CK16 said:
does the type r spoiler fit directly on? i'm looking to get one for my ep2. also what are the wheels?
Hey, to be honest mate im not quite sure, the car came like this when i got it, so i cant help there, but im sure i've seen the spoiler question a good few times about so look around, and as for the wheels im not sure either ha (great help), they were also on it but need a refurb/replacing when i can afford it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
irishlad92 said:
EP2_J4CK16 said:
does the type r spoiler fit directly on? i'm looking to get one for my ep2. also what are the wheels?
Hey, to be honest mate im not quite sure, the car came like this when i got it, so i cant help there, but im sure i've seen the spoiler question a good few times about so look around, and as for the wheels im not sure either ha (great help), they were also on it but need a refurb/replacing when i can afford it.
no the spoiler need to be modifiled to fit on car....the rear window is not the same on type r.
oh and looks well. i like it :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts