Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pics after the excellent job my brother did with detailing the car. it was in a bit of a state with loads of swirl marks, light scratches and grubbyness. We spent a whole day doing the car so it looks the way it does. I plan on doing the same with the engine bay and underneath so that the whole car gleams the way it does now!

Right some pics there are different plates on but i have full square on the back and a normal on the front (as it looks best like that)

first problem: (spot the difference)

nice clean paint:

rear plate:

pics from round the back of a garden centre:

brothers car on the drive

the grill (after i fitted it)

inside (from the photos taken by the previous owner)

thanks to my brother for the clean paint etc from his obsessive compulsiveness to keep cars clean. (and the detailing angle grinder thing and various polishes and waxes....)

·
Registered
224 Posts
as i said in the newbies section mate its very nice i love jordans 8-| love the matching interiors in them!need them stickers sorting tho mate :eek:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i prefer the 1st one. thats the original one. it got resprayed i dont know what to do with it yet. i think i might have to source a pair of them, as i think the car is due a respray/touch up to get it all right. the passenger side has had a spray done due to a vandal but i think the filler has shrunk and messed it up.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i can make them stickers for you no problem at all.. just tell me which one of the two you want, and i'll email you a file to take to any sign writing/van signs shop etc and they will cut them.. also in any colour ou want them too so could be nice to have a bit of a custom one, black would be nice..

give u a shout if you want me to do them.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
couldnt i just make a photoshop image of what i want with photos? or is it a case of making something they can put into their machine?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
yes, basically, it has be drawn as a vector based image (so it can be stretched or shrunk and not lose any quality)

So i will draw it like that, and save it as a EPS file and they will be able to read that and its already made for their machine.. u usually get a discount if you provide the artwork aswell.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahh vectors. dont know how to do them lol

cheers if u can. no rush as ive got another week of exams before i can go anywhere to get them done.

·
Registered
780 Posts
stug at junction 4 on the ringroad, heading down the london road to the A46 there is a really good sign wrighters on the left there next to the massive fishing shop and chinese restaurant (after elliots that is on the corner), if thats any help?!?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool. i might see if my mates still doing the vinyl sign writing thing and see what they do. they do banners and other stuff but i might get a discount!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
yeh any vinyl cutting sign writers will be fine.. failing that, i can even get them cut and post them to you if you cover the costs..I know my guy makes great quality ones..

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i've come to my senses a bit. but loads of power would be brill. actually only really want cruise control for this car. dont need it.

it does need a new manifold soon and i think i'm still getting some stuff from people.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i also plan on cleaning up the engine bay properly. as in removing bits to get to the paint behind and painting rusty brackets etc. i think if i can do that 1st then get onto the list.
found the springs i want.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts