Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends. This is my Honda Civic Vtec 1.5i. I bought it novermber 2008. Full Honda Service, only 2 previous owners, 80000miles on the clock. Mint condition. Kindly tell me what you think. Since i have bought it, i have installed blue Angel Eyes Projector headlights, Induction Kit which sounds like DUMP VALVES very strong, 3" exhaust (no-decat), 15" Metttalic Deep Dish chrome. It has the VTEC front and back bumpers and side skirts. Here's the link for the alloys i have on my car(http://www.alloywheels.com/product.asp? ... &PT_ID=125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

kindly rate my car as i want to know what you think of it. thanks. by the way, on petrol it probably is the best car i have ever owned. with £10 fuel i get up to 90miles. I live in london. From london to manchester and back cost me £35. Pick up is excellent, its 1.5 but has very strong pick up and speed. specially in 2 n third gear. it flies. it kept up with a GTI 2.0 litre. Can anybody tell me what's the brake on this or how can i find out. i don't have the time to go and get it on DYNO machine. is there any other way to find out.

I will b selling the car shortly. Don't know when but if i get sensible offers, it will be gone and no silly offers as this is a really sought after VTEC car. The car is mint mechanical and cosmetic condition. Thanks :cool:
kindly rate my car so i know if i got good deal. Any Suggestion

I will be uploading a You tube Video of the car soon driving it. Polished and cleaned every weekend by myself.
thank you
God bless all. ;)[attachment=11:34r23zu8]6d42_1.jpg[/attachment:34r23zu8]

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like what i see :) that the ek4?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
honda_vtec said:
it kept up with a GTI 2.0 litre.
No it didn't.

honda_vtec said:
Can anybody tell me what's the brake on this or how can i find out. i don't have the time to go and get it on DYNO machine. is there any other way to find out.
Its a D15z6 engine with about 114 bhp.

honda_vtec said:
thank you. that's the first compliment i got since posting the pictures. and yeah its EK4.
No its not its an EK3.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It did keep up with the GTi. whats the different between the EK3, 4 and so on. i searched on google and they all looked the same.

·
Registered
206 Posts
personally i think its a bit chavy, and why buy it in november then say your selling it? obviously theres somthing wrong with it??

thats my opinion neways

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
ther is noooooooooooo way that would keep up with 2.0 ltr lol thats just being silly . and that induction kit looks like the one i used to have im sure thats a ebay number and it is pish doesnt even sound all that good,what make is your exhaust looks chaep , and your talking about boy racers with there noise coming off there exhaust being faster than the car , but you then go on to saying that your car sounds like a 3 ltr lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol oh stop oh please stop lol lol lol my sides are killing me .

rant over :evil:

like the wheels mind you lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
Err, holding back big time here. I would sell it only on the fact it "looks" like a proper EK and that it is in the cheap tax bracket. £180 for headlights!!! Bit of advice please don't sell it saying the induction kit sounds like a dump valve, it makes you sounds like a plank :ugeek:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The EK is the shape/chassis model, The numbers after it indicate trim level:

EK3 is the LSi
EK4 is the VTi
EK9 is the Type R

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lols some funny comments. thnak you moderator for the clearance on different types of EKs. i never know what was the main different between the tthree types of EKs. another advise i need is. i need to lower the car. im on a budget. my local car shop is selling JANSPEED springs 40mm drop for about £70. would that lower it quite a bit as it has settled, i guess.i do like the bouncy ride when it bounces off the lowered springs as mate had it done. any advice.

Edit:

mathewp80 said:
like the wheels mind you lol
Lols i found these wheels on ebay £40 with fresh low profile tires. excellent condition as well. the seller must have been really desprate for money

·
Registered
12 Posts
golf gti 2.0 only has 115bhp so he might of had a chance and to be honest i like the wheels before with the 3 spoke alloys better than the one you got now! lose the motorsport sticker and colour code all the black strips then it will look smart. if you don't like the 3 spoke alloys have you got them for sale? :p

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fong_civic said:
golf gti 2.0 only has 115bhp so he might of had a chance and to be honest i like the wheels before with the 3 spoke alloys better than the one you got now! lose the motorsport sticker and colour code all the black strips then it will look smart. if you don't like the 3 spoke alloys have you got them for sale? :p
i havent thoguht about selling them but how much are you offerring for them. they are 15", 4 studs, majority of them have fresh rubber on them. plenty of thread. good condition. how much are you offering. i have had a lot of compliments for them. are they hard to find.
how can i colour code the black strips, what spray do i use and where do i get it from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah mate they are hard to find!! where about do u live in london mate? hw much u wanna sell them for man? got any pictures of them now?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am near heathrow airport, 5 mins drive from there. how much are you offering. How much are you willing to pay? they are in very good condition. i will take pitures and upload here and if you like them than you can tell me how much you are willing to pay. in the mean time i will find out how much i can get for them.

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
The golf mk4 gti petrol 2.0l is a disgrace to a gti badge its slow as hell ,
they also do a mk4 gti 1.8 turbo thats tidy enough , and of course they do a gti tdi which in general is 130bhp with loads of torque ,
but to keep up with a 2.0l golf was no real effort there terrible there just too heavy the mk2 gti was a 1.8 and around the same bhp but there are light and they go like shit off a shovel in comparison , old school FTW and that applies too most cars. :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
ye i ate a gold Gti when my EK3 was puppy powered, now its pointless wasting my fuel.

Mind, i do still like the mk2 gti's love the look.

i know that you have already found out the diffrence between Ek's but its more than what people think 1.5 to a 1.6.

Most people think that theres not much diffrence, but there really is lol. wait till ya get your hands on a B engine ;)

Nice ek3 mate tidy. lose the vti's spoiler and color code the strips.

Nuno

1 - 20 of 38 Posts