Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought ide start my project thread, give people a little more info about what ive done to my car and what im about to do to it.

looked like this when i first picked it up (woulda loved to do it all myself but at the time i didnt earn alot)

Paid £1200 for it, 106k miles. full honda service till 98k then was me haha.

it was in serious need of a proper clean and some maintenance.

so in the 1st week i bought/sorted

-Legal number plates
-new right wing as it was dented to fuck
-sprayed wing
-sprayed calipers
-full service (oil, oil filter, fuel filter, airfilter) sparks been done just b4 i bought the car so theire good.
-not to my taste but lexus legal rear lights
-ripped out front tints (illegal)

and a nice mop and heres what i ended up after a week of madness.

Interior wise i havent done much to it, color coded a few bits and bobs, sorted out the soundsystem (need new speakers tho)

Its fully stripped with only 2 cobra monaco buckets and OMP harnesses.

I didnt do much to the car after, for a few months then this baby came!!

My B18c4, conversion muwahaha! which is gettin done in 9 DAYS!!!!!!

all ive done to that so far is sprayed the cam cover as u can see, because couple weeks after both my rear shocks burst after i hit a pot hole in Bletchley doing bout 50.

So i decided to upgrade and got coilovers, settled for some Gaz gold coillies which i then fit myself.

Heres how its sitting.

So far tats the major stuff done, once the B18 is in i will be having a hard brainstorm about my brake conversion

either ksport 12 pots, 380mm, or the 8pots 356mm hmmm????....

Also now waiting for spair cash to get my bumpers respayed, bit more body work.

and waiting on my Skunk 2 rear camber arms, and front, also gona get new ksport lower arms, poly bushes, and CTR rear lower anti roll bars.

Thats it for now, comments please.

Nuno

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
In regard to the brakes, what size wheels are you planning to run? That will limit the size of the brakes you can have.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im running 17's Team dynamics atm and ksport state tat for the big 12 pot 17's is the smallest type tat will house the caliper, although im still not convinced they are massive.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Hmm 17's are pretty big for an EK mind, It might be worth trying running it on 15's. You can still get prelude calipers and 282mm disks under some 15 inch wheels. I know that EK4 and EG6 wheels will house them.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yeah they aren't in your face lery they do look nice on there. I was thinking more performance wise, you might find that it handles better on 15's

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, one thing at time mate.

Engine conversion getting sorted 1st, then will be saving up my pennies for the turbo build.

its a project thread, so people can see whats happening bit at time! :D

Nuno

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
rewop hcum taht rof gniog era uoy fi llew sa sksid rar 4KE rof smurd raer eht tuo paws dluow I

Edit:

I have no idea how that happened lol, it was supposed to say this:

I would swap out the rear drums for EK4 rear disks if you are going for that much power.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Think my browser fucked up and typed it backwards... I didn't realize at first lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what were u trying to say anyways lol??

EDIT:

lol just re read ur post, ye i was planning on sorting braking out once b18 is in place, how easy of a job would it be to swap hubs over for the ek4?

would it be dooable at home??

Nuno.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
_nuno_civic_ said:
what were u trying to say anyways lol??

EDIT:

lol just re read ur post, ye i was planning on sorting braking out once b18 is in place, how easy of a job would it be to swap hubs over for the ek4?

would it be dooable at home??

Nuno.
Front hubs are easy enough, I'm not to sure on the rears though. I don't know if you have to modify the brake lines or not.

·
Registered
340 Posts
definitely definitely upgrade the breaks!

IM NOT A FAN OF 17'S ON eK'S MYSELF BUT AS SAID, EACH TO THEIR OWN!
oops didnt mean to be in caps sorry peeps.

GL with your build!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I don't think so, you will have to check that though. In fact I am pretty sure they aren't.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts