Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right this is going to be a bit of an ongoing thread where I'll add bits and pieces from time to time when I get stuff done, and If anyone wants to chat about anything or ask questions about what Im doing then ya can do in here :p

So then, to begin with some of you already know this car but I have some fresh pic's to show of so heres the car...

As ya can see it does need some work doing to it. So heres a little list of things to do...

- New bonnet - the current one lets water in over the engine and looks a bit tatty so I wouldn't mind a nice CF one or a standard one

- Re-fit Original Bumper with splitter - I don't like the impractibility of the current bumper...it looks mean as f*** but its to impractical and Im constantly afraid Im gonna take it off around here!! DONE

- FIX REAR END!! - Needs the splitter re-fitting and a full respray

- Sort out key marks and scratches - Theres a few little scratches and marks where pillocks have key'd it

- New fron O/S Arch - A bit crumpled at the front behind the lights so I need a new front O/S arch

- Fit Angel Eye Headlights - Just to help bring the front end up-to-date a little bit DONE

- New Rear Lights - One side is slightly cracked and I don't paricularly like them that much lol

- Re-Trim and fit CRX Bucket Seats - They're comfy as hell but desperately need a clean up and they have 'CRX' embroidered on the head so they could do with a re-trim

- General tart up of the interior - Could do with a little bit of an update IMO...Inc. Re-trim

- Fit a CD player - Not fussed about a whole ICE set-up to be honest but I do like some tunes kicking out lol DONE

- Fix Passenger Winow - Missus is getting on at me lol DONE

- Smoke Side Repeaters - Did a little photoshop and I've decided I'll smoke the side repeaters

Those are the initial things that need doing. I do have a couple of things in mind for the future but we'll see what happens with them ;)

Any thoughts/questions/suggestions/helpfulness please feel free to post up.

I'l be making another post in the next half hour/hour or so

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Re: My EG Project

New Bonnet
I agree. A CF one would look awesome, and I'm not too keen on the scoops really.

Re-fit Original Bumper with splitter
Yeah, I would loose it too. Find a nice lip somewhere or something.

FIX REAR END!!
Defo just strip it and respray, I quite like your rear bumper.

Sort out key marks and scratches
But of course :)

New fron O/S Arch
I'm confused. What part are you talking about?

Re-Trim and fit CRX Bucket Seats
Red would look awesome.

General tart up of the interior
Got any pics of the interior?

Fit a CD player
You don't have a head unit?! :eek: Get an iPod one.

I like the new photos you took.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well the original bumper that I'll be fitting has the matching splitter for the back already, by O/S i mean Offside, IE the passenger side arch...don't know about red on the seats I'll see about the re-trim Im not sure yet...no I dont have a head unit yet. Ive only had the car since thursday night but I've been enjoying the sound of vtec!! 3:)...here's a couple of pics of the interior, and all cred goes to my mate for the photos lol

·
Registered
5,006 Posts

You have leather rear seats but upholstery front seats?

Also I would add upholster the parcel shelf to the list too.

Steering wheel is looking a little grimy lol!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah I know lol I'm probably gonna get the whole interior re-trimmed lol I'd like the fronts and rears colour coded to match the exterior and to match each other lol

As for the steering wheel, thats a combination of sean and the previous owner I believe (grubby ba****ds :p) so today I whipped it off and gave it a good soak and a clean and here we are...

First before...

...to be honest the pics dont show how bad it was lol but anyway heres the outcome after about an hours soak lol...

Again the pics don't really show how much better it is but still lol I'll get one of it in the car later on tonight. Hopefully tonight me and CTRlee will get my angel eyes fitted :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me either!! lol Also got a pair of Xenon blubs with 'em aswell :p I'm just waiting to hear from ctr_lee so I can go round :D

Also I have a tiny little tub of the paint I have on the exterior...just wondering wether to colour the 'Sparco' logo on the wheel to match?? Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
First pic makes that car look awesome!

3 tips..

Ditch the bonnet
Ditch the back bumper
And Ditch that fuckin hideous steering wheel.. Id rather bolt some bicycle handle bars to it haha!!

(no offence intended. just think this would help alot)

If you need any help with anything really on the EG, just us a shout.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well at about half 6 this evening me and ctr_lee made a start on my angel eyes and EGSean shortly caught up after a slight hiccup. We had some problems with the after-market bumper that was fitted and so I decided I wanted it off and have the original one fitted temporarily unpainted. So as it stands the front bumper is white but I do have my new lights on and working which look awesome!!

Here's a few pics for you guys, as I said if anyones got any questions or comments please feel free to post 'em up here...

I'll try and get some night time pics soon :D What do people think??

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I dunno i quite like the stearing wheel and the back bumper! but yeah i recon loose the bonnet and the front one!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Skinny said:
First pic makes that car look awesome!

3 tips..

Ditch the bonnet
Ditch the back bumper
And Ditch that fuckin hideous steering wheel.. Id rather bolt some bicycle handle bars to it haha!!

(no offence intended. just think this would help alot)

If you need any help with anything really on the EG, just us a shout.
No offense taken mate. The bonnets going without a doubt as is the front bumper, the back bumpers staying put and so is the steeering wheel sorry mate I love it!! lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers Skinny theres lots more left to do. Going to visit a spray man tomorrow to see about the spraying that needs doing. But for now Im going to bed bloody knackered lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
as ive already said duggy that car looks alot better and totally different ot how it was,i did love that old bumper though :'( to damn impratical!!i really look forward to it finished though mate!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
stug45 said:
what is the chequerplate doing in the engine bay???????? looks odd!
Well because of the stupid bonnet has the vents cut out in it theres nothing underneath to stop the distributer from getting wet. The chequerplate is there to stop it getting soaked in water. Hence why I need to get a new bonnet!! lol

1 - 20 of 72 Posts