Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got to my computer now so here's the pics i promised, Any comments welcome good are bad! ive got tuff skin!
There is one or two pics that a few people might/will think are chavy, but ithought it was a good idea at the time! :)

This pic was after 5hrs of blocking down because the paint had faded over the cam cover and mani!

Bonnet off!

In the booth!

All primmed

Painted

And on! before the car was polished the bonnet looked so sexy and stood out soooooo much compered to the rest of the car!

Now the proper pics! this is what the sol looked like last month!

The chavy ones!

Now the pics from a couple of days ago after changing and spending just short of a grand on:
Rear caliper rebuild kit,
All the cam cover seals,
Rear trailing arm bush's,
F/L arm suspention bush's,
L lower engine mount
R lower gearbox mount,
sump gasket,
Mani gasket,
And ive fitted EK vti wheels,
Amber indecators,
heat sheld under the bonnet,
4-1 mani with heat wrap,
Adj de-cat,
2.5" Powerflow sys, and thats it i think!

And thats it i think, Sorry for all the pics, i'll add a spec list later on for what else there is! :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
that looks really nice, some say these are girly but I ve always loved them.. the veilside bodykit on them looks amazing!

Your Paintwork looks great!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skinny said:
that looks really nice, some say these are girly but I ve always loved them.. the veilside bodykit on them looks amazing!

Your Paintwork looks great!
Thanks, but Tbh the paintwork is the worst thing about the car! the only thing ive not had time to sort!

Alec said:
Yeah, looks very nice. Don't think we have another Del Sol on here.
The first sol ;) 8-|

·
Registered
795 Posts
Beautiful colour mate!! I'll be honest not a fan of the blue LEDs but your car your choice matey. A spoon CF spark plug cover would look the nuts over the yellow mate!! Just mmy opinion mind :D

Look forward to seeing some progress on this. Oh and spot on job on the paint mate!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks duggy, Ive tryed finding a park plug cover for it, but ive been told of a few people not will ft the mugen! :(
but tbh am sure ive seen one somewhere!

I only got round to doing the bonnet, and that list of parts came up that needed to be replaced first, but it's noow time to sell the sol and look for a good,clean standard eg civic! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couldnt tell you, was ment to take it on a RR day with the mcr-vtec guys, but a week before i was handed a long list of things that needed replaceing, :(

So i thought safety 1st! really!

the "book" say 170bhp 16yrs ago, so it will have lost a few horse's now and gained a few with the mani and system!
your guess will be as good as mine! ;)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
They shift anyway :p I also bought the ESI one of these (insurance reasons)

I have driven a VTI though and they are nice :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, it's quite quick, a mate had a vti with a tanabe system and mine was standard, and i pulled away from him rather quickly, and found out today after failing the MOT on the stupid handbrake leaver >:eek: that she's got a slippy diff (wondered why i could go round corners quickly), not really changed the interior except for the steering wheel, gear leaver and worn out recaro seat

·
Registered
18 Posts
not 2 bad, i like sols, not a fan of the trans-top version tho puerly for the weight factor. even the non trans-tops are heavy. not had our rolling roaded yet but hoping for about 200bhp, wont do anything else cause any more than that and the other half might crash!

still, i like the change of wheels ! EK4 wheels are nice, i was running the sol on a set of EM1 wheels for a while in white. try some colours on yours you might find something you really like the look of!.

as for interiors, i recommend S2000 leather, i have some black ones, they are lovely!, and given the car that modern feel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think on the uk car there were mains, but on mine just sides, but to replace them it's at least £50, from fleebay but £13 for cold air feeds! bargin!!!!

If i was'nt selling the car in the next few days it would look completely different, just tryed getting it back to OEM standard as poss! except for the worn recaro!

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah on uk cars they are high beam, i have smoothed over them on my bumber so that it looks like the laster spec bumper with no holes. you just need to add a bit to the wiring and change your headlight bulb for it to work side/main/high

1 - 20 of 24 Posts