Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, im installing my turbo bits and bobs next week so thought i would start my build thread. im going to try and make this as complete and clear as possible for other peoples benifit. (mainly nOObs) Hope you enjoy, comments and questions are more then welcome.

THE PARTS
Bullseye T3/TO4E 57trim .55 A/R turbocharger
Precision 525cc injectors
Walbro 225lh fuel pump
Mini ram turbo manifold
3" downpipe with X2 lambda sensor bungs
Wastegate dumptube
3" charge piping
Front mounted intercooler
Tial 38mm wastegate with 0.4BAR/5.8PSI spring
Tial 50mm BOV
Oil feed/return line kit
Pre-chipped P28 with basemap
EE-enhance electronic boost controller
ARP head stud kit with new OEM head gasket
Oil catch can with breather
Gauges (boost, oil temp, oil press, water temp)
AEM wideband controller

everything in this setup is good for 450whp+ apart from the fuel injectors.

WHAT I'M AIMING FOR
Ok, im basically going to turbo my stock block till i can afford to do a build next year. im aiming for the higher end of the limit for a stock D16 which is about 210 at the wheels. I want this car as a fun daily driver for the time being to comute to and from work and social venues so i need it to retain reliability. The only thing that may limit my power out put is my stock MAP sensor.

THE PREP WORK
I personally like to make a list of everything i'm likely to need with prices and companies for reference. The amount of times i've seen a bargin and can't remember where has probbally cost me a fair few ££££. I've tried to do as much as i can before installing any of the turbo kit to save time and hopefully cause less aggro and frustration on the day. so i already have all my gauges, boost controler and head studs installed ready to go.

RESEARCHING
I've spent a LONG time researching this setup and looking at other people setups to find out what will be good for what i want. Research is incredibly important when doing a project to make sure you have everything you need and know exactly what kind of problems your be faced with. My main problem is working out the best way of attaching my downpipe to my CAT.

THE CAR
My car is a 1993 Honda Civic ESi (D16Z6) currently has 61,000 miles on the clock and has always beed serviced every 10,000 miles.

Cylinder compression 1#200 2#200 3#210 4#200

PICTURES
and heres some pictures, i'm going to use the pictures greg sent me of the turbo kit as they are beter then i can do.

Gauges, oil ctachcan, sensor adaptors and triple single DIN gauge holders.

AEM wideband UEGO gauge and sensor

ARP head studs and OEM head gasket

ARP studs installed

Pre-chipped P28 ECU and electronic boost controller.

Gauges installed

THE FINISHED PRODUCT

Intercooler

New front

Engine bay

BOV and engine

Manifold

Manifold, turbo and wastegate

Tubular

PERFORMANCE

heres what the car pulled on the dyno:

RUN NO.1 (AS PRESENTED 5.5PSI)
max bhp - [email protected]
max lbft - [email protected]

RUN NO.2 (5.5PSI)

RUN NO.2 (8.4PSI)

and heres the dyno sheet, its small but you can see the curves.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Re: my D16Z6 EG5 turbo build

Can't see the pics at work but it sounds good buddy. Keep us posted on the build and I'm dying to race at the pod ;)

·
Registered
795 Posts

This is gonna be cool mate!! Quick question, I'm presuming that you've re-located the head unit?? Or are you not bothering with one??

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

Pff Auido equipment = weight! I doubt you would hear much over the noise of the engine anyway ;) I'm not going to bother with one in the CRX I don't think.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Yeah I know that but I mean if its gonna be used regularly the noise is gonna start getting very loud very quickly. If its just gonna be a track-style/weekend thrasher then it'd probably be more bearable

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Duggy711 said:
This is gonna be cool mate!! Quick question, I'm presuming that you've re-located the head unit?? Or are you not bothering with one??
im not going to bother with one, the exhaust is so loud that i have to have it turnt right up and then i cant hear the car or passengers.

Edd said:
Pff Auido equipment = weight! I doubt you would hear much over the noise of the engine anyway ;) I'm not going to bother with one in the CRX I don't think.
yea exactly my thoughts, i prefer the sound of the car over music anyway. im going to pod in the summer and i think i'll head up that "shakespears raceway" if you want to come?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

clinchy said:
im going to pod in the summer and i think i'll head up that "shakespears raceway" if you want to come?
Only 70 miles from me, game on! :twisted:

·
Registered
340 Posts

looks like youve got soe good kit there, nice to see youre prepared properly and not just going for it with a load of random bits!! Id love to turbo my d16, but cant afford it lol going to keep an eye on this thread!! Just out of interest, and you dont have to say if you dont want to of course, how much has all the stuff cost you so far?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

by the end of it all i would imagine in the 2K area if not more. but im doing it the expensive way lol.

it can be done cheaper.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: my D16Z6 EG5 turbo build UPDATED

pays off though i guess, when you have less problems with it!

Looks awesome finished, bet the result puts a damn good smile on your face!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

it does now lol.

its all paid off and got the result i was hoping for :D

·
Registered
340 Posts

good mate, glad to hear you dont regret anything and its all going smooth!! Let us know the results when you get it on rolling road, a lad on another forum im on has just done a boosted d16 himself like you, got 300bhp! Id love that!

·
Registered
148 Posts

^ Built engine i assume?

Luke should make 250+bhp once he gets the bits sorted we discussed.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

i'm probally going to buy a motor in the spring and spend the summer tearing it down and re-building it. hopefully going to aim for 450BHP+ build for the strip :D

if i make 250BHP on my stock block after getting the downpipe to exhaust done propperly i will be imensley chuffed craig.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts