Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all

well im 16, and got myself a civic 1.3 hatch back, love it to bits, not driving it yet, so getting it ready for the road.

mods so far:

Private Number plate, my name is Tamim, so the plate is TAM 11M
JDM amber indicator lights.
HID kit.
Rota wheels.
5mm spacers.
Alpine headunit with changed front speakers.

soon to be added are:

40mm lower springs
standard front lip

and future plans are coming up in the next year.

here are some pictures

thanks for looking

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: my civic eg hatch

thanks mate

and yeah, cant wait to get them on,

heres a few more 'small' updates on the car

Spoon gloves:

EG9 VTI seats: have got both of them on now, just not in the picture

mugan cap:

EG9 VTI center part:

thanks for looking

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

Car is looking good, nice work! Good to see someone starting so young ;)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

right about time i show some work i have been doing on this car lately.

been working on my car like mad for the last few days trying to get the twin carb change happening, and heres how its gone. (sorry for picture quality, taken with a phone camera.)

first the original carb needs to go (finally)

taking almost all the bolt and screws i could see off just to help make the job easier.

needed to take out the coolant before taking off the last big pipe on the original manifold.

time for the new carbs :twisted:

after a few painful hours spent on that i did a test fit of the new carbs and manifold, needed to take off two bolts from the engine block and bam! everything fits fine.

now i need to do the wiring sensors, any help with that, so far im really confused lol
heres how far i got with that.

sensor clip and wires off the original carb:

New carbs wiring:

how do i connect?

also what do i do with these?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

yeah, like i said, had to pay good money to my sister for them all lol

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

good work elid, good man. any help just ask my freind, got my dx dyno'd, 97hp didnt get a torque reading. and thats with out performacne filter, just exhaust and new carbs on rich setting. :cool: my work has stopped for a while till i get a new exhaust system. and some new front tyres. (left a set of big 11's out of my road end. :twisted: ) glad you got the carbs, sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

wow, 97hp, thats alot more than the standard 75hp single carb lol,
well good luck with the exhaust hunt, im sure your going to get something great, everything about your cars top notch at the moment.
and no worries mate, wasn't really too much of a delay, had text messages come later lol,

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

mb6 marc: yeah its been sent out mate.

and thanks mate, just abit stuck at the moment, and need the car back on the road, so i have had the great amount of fun making it all standard again, so there will be round two of this work lol

·
Registered
433 Posts

hi pal how far got now with your project? check out my project quite a bit done now just started striping the aerodeck.
keep me posted on how its going pal

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

hello guys

been a while since i have done much with my civic.
passed my driving test a last week monday, and heres the progress so far.

after having lots of troubles with the dual carbs i desided to just give it to a mechanic and hope that he knew what he was doing, and he did :)
so heres the engine bay with a free strutbrace off a great friend of mine:

then i recieved a hugh package through the post, with my name on it, wonder what it could be.... :p

brought the full rear interior with the gathers speakers for my car :D (thanks D14+tmike)

so the fun began today with striping out the interior,

Old:

then striping began, and finding a lot of dirt was not pleasant :redface:

with the basics out, got going with the seats and side trim:

then i found a hell of a lot of dirt and spiderwebs everywhere, so got the hover and a few cleaning tools to help me out for a basic clean.

then after a little bit of cleaning the car started to look like this:

now got all the inside out and sticking in the gathers speakers, i enjoyed the weather way to much, so desided to do something to my front bumper that i saw somewhere on the net.

before:

after:

thats how far i got today, found a little bit of surface rust on the inside rear quater panel so going to sort that out tomorrow, also going to clean the car up a bit more tomorrow to see how clean i can be bothered to get it.

thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys,

im thinking of putting the old interior back in for a few days for it to go for its MOT and pass (fingers crossed)
also got to change the front lower wishbone bush's and the CV joint. and then bleed the brakes.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys

yeah forgot to mention the car has passed its MOT :) waiting for next month to kick in to get the car road taxed.
waiting on the interior guy to send me some parts he forgot as without them i cant start working on it, so for now its stripped out, which doesnt look to bad :twisted:

yeah the dual carb swap is a nice thing to have, god damn does it sound good, i dont need an exhaust on the car now, but i cant help to wonder how it would sound with a deep sounding exhaust :p

i want to stick a bigger engine in later, but thats years later, and the normal 1.3 is a weak engine without the dual carbs, now it really does have a kick to the car, should be good fun on the road,

got a few more plans that might be taking place. so fingers crossed :cool:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts