Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i was at work i dropped my car off in the morning, and was picked up and dropped back in the afternoon to see this:
LOVE IT!
(pictures are from a few weeks back, just got time to upload them now)

there appears to be a crease on the left hand panel. i think its a reflection or something wrong with the camera. there isnt one on the car!! i think its the reflection of the front door!

Modifications (everything else is standard)
Black refurbished wheels in gloss black
EK9 grill
Square rear numberplate

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Looking good mate, think yours looks better with the OEM bonnet than the carbon one.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Want to get him to do the REX for me once its finished :p

I can't be arsed with stuff like that :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
how much does he charge? does he take the wheels off etc and clean all the back off them and wax etc etc etc ? Looks spot on mate :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he can do but do the backs of the wheels need cleaning? detailing is more about polishing and getting the paint colours to match panels (not after a spray-more on good bodywork to perfect the colours, remove oxidants etc). you start by getting a smooth surface with clay, then do the detailing, then apply a sealant to the paint (before the wax) then apply the wax to get the shine. once its done properly the results are above. even after 2 months the water still beaded off the car and i was getting looks all over the place. brilliant

I'll have to ask him how much but from when we got the car (he's done it 3 times now) it looks so much better. not like the faded yellow mismatch paint it was. (my car has had bumpers sprayed, and the left-hand side). its now as good as it can get without a proper sprayer matching the bits back up. (the bits were sprayed before i got the car and there's over spray on the interior and they've sprayed the inside of the wheel well (the plastic stone guards). probably how I got the car for so cheap! Just got to make it as good as we can get it without spraying made it look 1000 times better!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there are holders at the top to hold them in. i have people in the back occasionally and havent put them back up there for ages.

DETAILING:
Depending on the car's condition, Usually anywhere from £80-160. Also depends on how long it takes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts