Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a back box off my mate for £50 never seen 1 like it b4 it has the normal back box bit but it has a pipe that comes out and then back in lol sounds daft every body else iv spoke 2 hasnt heard of it

anybody saw 1 like it ? is it a import box ?

not very good at describing it but done my best cant put up any pics because my mate nicked it and put it on his 1.3 eg for now until my car is motd

but it sound pretty good makes like a rumbling noise when hes is slowing down

·
Registered
780 Posts
its a copy of a design by mugen, i forgotten what it does but its to do with pulse waves in the exhaust, like the one below[attachment=0:39yn9qtn]Mugen_loop_muffler_obx.jpg[/attachment:39yn9qtn]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
They are ALOT more common than you will imagine mate.. I know a few people with these.. they are all the rage in the USA at the moment too.

Called twin loop.. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
well it wont give as much power gain as a genuine mugen exhaust would, but still will keep the sound down

·
Registered
370 Posts
does the twin loop mean you can have less baffles as the air speed/pressure is decreased enough to lower the sound but you dont loose the power from the sudden speed/pressure loss when you use baffles, the twin loop is a gradual reduction?

good steal :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts