1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=2:20h8nqic]motor edit 3.jpg[/attachment:20h8nqic]
[attachment=1:20h8nqic]motor edit 2.jpg[/attachment:20h8nqic]
[attachment=0:20h8nqic]05062007128.jpg[/attachment:20h8nqic]

sorry if the quality of the pictures are pants my good camera has bust!
also a vid will be up soon, i just have to edit it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Remember to put your O2 sensor back in before you turn your engine on after the manifold installation. I didn't and it screwed my ECU up :(

May I ask how much your b16 cost? Looks brand new!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Nice dude! where did you get your b16 from and how much i'm looking for one at the moment. There was one on PH recently but it sold before i had a chance to get in there :(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the motor off ebay, its done 45k with documented proof from the donar car which was lucky, i won the bid at £620 gearbox, loom and driveshafts included! all together the whole swap came to about 1k, i saved about £700 by doing it myself. yea nickyboy it goes fairly well chap! not running quite rite just yet but after a good map it will be alot better :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also have the coupe and quite interested in the b16 swap. How well does the new motor fit in there and how much chopping around did it take? Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Have to say, I love the look of my coupe, I think I'll be investing in a B16A brute myself. I wonder how much my insurance would shoot up... hmmm.

Lovely machine, mate. You should have scrubbed the bay while the engine was out though... It's FILTHY in there!!!! haha :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts