Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am not very mechanically minded, normally I get a mechanic I have known for 30 years to do all my stuff and more recently my son in law who is excellent with cars helps out but his day job is a Doctor in a hospital and he is very busy with the civid situation at present, not been allowed a day off for 2 months, except now 2 days for Xmas, tells me last week, over 160 covid deaths at his hospital so I can't bother him.
anyhow, my neighbour is selling his high mileage 2012 new shape civic but one of the things it failed on was "Offside Front Steering linkage ball joint ball joint dust cover excessively damaged or deteriorated so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (ii))" is this the track rod ball joint or something else and is it an easy fix or cheap to have it repaired by a mechanic?
Thankyou

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I believe noting is wrong with SUSPENSION LOWER WISHBONE ARM BALL JOINT so dust cover can cost you from 3 to 12 pounds and it up to garage how much they would charge you. But MOT you should easily pass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I believe noting is wrong with SUSPENSION LOWER WISHBONE ARM BALL JOINT so dust cover can cost you from 3 to 12 pounds and it up to garage how much they would charge you. But MOT you should easily pass.
Thankyou, so this has nothing to do with the Steering Rack, because I know they are expensive

1 - 3 of 3 Posts