Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Yesterday I attempted to remove the factory mk9 head unit and to replace with a Pioneer fh-s820dab unit. I don't need sat nav and just wanted a fairly basic but quality unit. However, whilst I was able to remove the factory unit and install the new one, I just can't get any sound. The unit powers up, no problem, but I get an 'Audio Off' message on the HUD which I can't seem to get rid of. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any advice please?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have just installed a Sony android /CarPlay head unit and I now have Audi off on the imid screen now although do have full use of SWC for sound and skipping tracks ..What wiring loom are you using to connect to factory harness

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Yeah, like you, I had the SWC as well and they worked fine. Just the bloody 'Audio Off' message. I tried resetting the unit today to see if that would do anything, but nope. I think it's something in-built into the system. When I re-install the old unit, it says the same thing but then asks for the radio code. However, if I wait 5 secs it realises it has the factory stereo and you just have to reboot the stereo and it kicks in. I don't disconnect the battery, and wonder if that's something I need to try next. I'm going to ask a friend before any of that though. As for the harness/wiring, I got the fitting kit from Connects2. I've sent them an e-mail, we'll see what they say!

·
Registered
3 Posts
A bit of a long shot here,i had a Pioneer dab unit prior to my Sony have you checked what speaker mode the unit is set to,ie standard or network.Not sure it makes a difference but it[s worth looking at .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A bit of a long shot here,i had a Pioneer dab unit prior to my Sony have you checked what speaker mode the unit is set to,ie standard or network.Not sure it makes a difference but it[s worth looking at .
Yeah, so I set it up as standard. I didn't try anything else really. I have a mate who is a sort of mechanic guy, so I'm going to ask him this week to see what he thinks. It's such a ball ache. I've never had the issue in other cars - including an older Honda Civic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts