Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im a new Civic owner loving the car so far. The last owner obviously did not go with the ootional extra for the sat nav head unit. My question is if i buy a Honda Civic head unit that does have the sat nav is the wiring for it already there in the car? Will i just need the gps antenna? Or is it more complicated. I have phoned Vertu Honda parts and he was unsure if the wiring for the sat nav would be in place. Your help would be appreciated with this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi im a new Civic owner loving the car so far. The last owner obviously did not go with the ootional extra for the sat nav head unit. My question is if i buy a Honda Civic head unit that does have the sat nav is the wiring for it already there in the car? Will i just need the gps antenna? Or is it more complicated. I have phoned Vertu Honda parts and he was unsure if the wiring for the sat nav would be in place. Your help would be appreciated with this.
I'm in the same situation as you are, pondering whether to upgrade to a Honda head unit or go for aftermarket units. My project next weekend will be taking the unit out and see what connections are available. What trim is your car? Mine is the SE, I suspect all the extra modules will not have been included hence the high quotes people get from Honda for an upgrade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts