Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1.6 Diesel Civic with a 2014 registration. I have a "Check Tyre Pressure" warning message and indicator light on. I have fixed the cause of the problem which was low pressure in one tyre, but now I cannot figure out how to reset the TPMS. The handbook says there is an option in the Customise Settings menu but there is not. I have looked in all of the other menu options and there is nothing that looks like a reset or initialise or calibrate option. Any suggestions gratefully received

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the answer: To reset the Deflation Warning initialise option it is neccessary to have the Check Tyre Pressure message on the display. I had been trying to find the re-initialise option with the warning message hidden. Why Honda made this so complicated beats me ! But I hope my experience helps someone else one day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a Honda Civic 2013. My last car was a Honda Civic 2002 and I had ten years of almost trouble free motoring. Sadly the head gasket blew so I decided to get a newer version and had to buy it quickly. It seems fine except I keep getting the tyre pressure warning light. Have had the tyres checked at my local garage and they’re fine. The dealer who sold me the car has been positive and said to get the tyres checked for a slow puncture and they’ll pay, so I’ve booked it in. I’ve managed once to get rid of the warning light but now I can’t locate TPMS under customise settings - it seems to have disappeared but I did remove it once. Find this v frustrating and wonder if anyone else can suggest some options please 🙏

·
Registered
1 Posts
To reset the Deflation Warning initialise option it is neccessary to have the Check Tyre Pressure message on the display. I had been trying to find the re-initialise option with the warning message hidden. Honda should make this clearer. If this still doesnt help feel free to call me and I'll try to talk you through it

Nick Waller 07771994175

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is to say a big thank you to Nick Waller nickw56 for his advice and support with my Honda 2013. I couldn't get rid of the deflation warning message on my dashboard. However tried again this morning and managed to get rid of it, typically just before I took the car into my local garage. Turns out there was a problem however with both front tyres but still needed to know how to get rid of the warning message. What was really great was Nick providing his phone number, text message support and he even offered to talk me thru resetting the TPMS. One great tip was resetting it with the engine running - manual says to do it with ignition on, but not engine. I also realised I was selecting customise settings and then pressing select but no deflation warning came up. Needed to use arrows to go across to right to find it. It’s been a frustrating few weeks but have had new tyres put on car altho’ my garage says that the message may reappear as Hondas are noted for having this issue. But at least I now know how to get rid of the message - hopefully. So many thanks again, Nick 🙏😀

1 - 5 of 5 Posts