Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kk have been thinkin it would be good to do a mini me swap on my 1.4, love the thing to bits but i jus want it to be faster, but dont we all lol

doing a "Mini-me swap" is sumthing thats crossed my mind as i hear its quite common with d-series engines, just wandering

i understand that you are changing the headblock to one of the same series but with VTEC but is there anything else that needs

done for the engine to be able to cope with the new power gain??

also what D-series headblocks would you all recommend would be a nice power upgrade for my D14a4??

Also, this is my main day to day car so wil obviously be road insured and M.O.T'd every year, will i get bother in the m.o.t at

all for this and whats the scenario for insurance?? pretend its still a 1.4 lol :redface: ?? or insure it as the new engine block, or what??

any help appreciated

over n out folks :D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The head you want is a D16z6, declair it on your insurance though, I cant really condone running around with invalid insurance... ;) ;)

Although my EK3 wasn't declaired if I were to insure the CRX that would be all declaired and paid up as it is too highly modified to get away with it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers!!

found this the other day!! is an interesting read and can see it being very helpful!!

gonna start collecting pieces for it now n hopefully get it done in next few months!!

http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts