Honda Civic Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
im currently collecting the items for a swap, got the head, 2 manifolds a handful of pipes and others, but i have heard two ways of doing the swap, just the mechanical way of installing the head and manifold, and the other with ecu swap. So now i am a bit confused on the item list for the swap, i have been told you can get a conversion harness and no ecu, also that you need both. if anyone has done the swap on a d14a4 with a z6 head, and has the time and patience for a noob but could you inbox me the shopping list for the swap? also any things to look out for ie. tricky bolts, putting engine to TDC (top dead centre) technical things like that :eh: i have worked on engines and fitted head gaskets succesfully but would like the extra person to reasure me that what i have been told is correct :geek: thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another question. Looked around here and this is the closest answer I have got. I have a seized engine (D15Z6) so would it be possible to buy any D15 engine and just use the lower end and use my cylinder head? So I dont have to faff about with a new ECU and all the wiring. Need the cheapest option for now while I save
Many thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys and gals i was just wondering. i have a d15z8 vtec e engine. i might be able to get a hold of a d16y8 engine but was wondering and i better using the d16y8 head for a mini me or just drop the entire d16 in my car? suggestions?

121 - 124 of 124 Posts