Honda Civic Forums banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
the d16Z6 cant rev that high... the stroke is too long. piston out runs the explosion.

but then you do get higher gearbox and more power to make it up.

you use radiator or massive expansion tank like it banger racing?

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
agi67 said:
im thinking of doing this to my 2000 coupe, how much hp would it bring my d16y75757800 engine up to?
you do not need to quote the entire engine vin number. your engine is the d16y7 90 odd bhp. a mini me with a y8 or z6 head will bump you up to 130bhp

another NI member.. go us :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
done a reg check on mine when i bought it and think its sitting at 110bhp standard, so should put it up a bit more then hopfully :) where in ni u from? many on this forum?

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
agi67 said:
done a reg check on mine when i bought it and think its sitting at 110bhp standard, so should put it up a bit more then hopfully :) where in ni u from? many on this forum?
i think new from factory they are 106bhp.. if you are looking big gains find a good b series engine to drop in. 160bhp standard and a straight forward swap. our NI numbers have been growing recently quite a few now i think :think:

·
Registered
21 Posts
would love an engine drop but i think mini me conversion and a t3/t4 turbo install will gladly put the ponies up lol doin the ecu and loom? anyone in ni know what they r at with that carryon? the head will b easy enough

·
Registered
2 Posts
ive got a d16a6 engine fitted into my car at the min am planning on fitting the z6 head but befoe that am going to rebuild the whole head can anyone recomend a cam for me?

·
Registered
15 Posts
rite ppl i,ve herd alot about these conversions ov turning non vtec 2 vtec only i,ve got a 1.5ils sohc vtec witch is the econo one but want 2 turn it 2 power vtec so could anyone plz tel me what i actually neen 4 the conversion thanks. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
what options have i got ?

looking into a engine conversion any suggestions what engine lump would fit straight in

[attachment=0:nigylc2r]100_0703.JPG[/attachment:nigylc2r]

its a honda civic coupe on a 2000 plate 1.6 non vtec

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
rigers28 said:
what options have i got ?

looking into a engine conversion any suggestions what engine lump would fit straight in

[attachment=0:3b1mmi5s]100_0703.JPG[/attachment:3b1mmi5s]

its a honda civic coupe on a 2000 plate 1.6 non vtec
Any d-series vtec.
This thread is all about it!

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
lol What a question.

You are running a D16Y7 engine, any D or B series engine will fit, amount of work depends on the engine you choose.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Also, I have a question.
I will be doing soon enough mini me on my y7.
I've got d15b head (which supposed to be same as d16z6 but with more aggressive cams).
Question is can I put my rocker cover (from 6gen) rather than using del sols cover?
Or it would be the clearance issue?

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Not sure on clearance but I know there are slightly different D series covers such as the Z6 and Y8 having different rockers that wont fit to each other.

·
Registered
152 Posts
do I have to use necessarily oem head gasket plus other bits or it will be alright to use the ones which you can buy in ordinary car parts shop?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right guys... seems the thread hasn't been used in a while but i shall post here anyway!
I've got a 1.3 eg3 that i want to vtec, i understand this is the hardest engine to mini-me as there is more work involved converting it to mpfi etc...
does anyone know of a build thread for one?? found a few for engine that already have fuel injection but i need the info on how to sort the fuel injection etc, also what ecu to use! If anyone has a list of what i need would be amazing to, cheers

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sean-EG3,
Im atm trying to finish my mini-me on EJ6. Erm, my advice would be dont start mini me. Go for a different engine. I have spent crazy amount of money and if I would knew it earlier I would definitively went for whole engine.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts