Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello got a nice b16a2 lump in the front of my 1962 classic mini . Got 110 torque and 172 bhp . Know lookin to put a supercharger on it too . R a shot of NOS . Just wondering if any one has got any pics of there b16a2 with NOS r supercharge on it . So I can get a ruff ges if it will fit I. The front on mine . Any if there is any one good in the northwest that do um .

Iam thinking NOS would be quicker and easyer to fit . ;) :) ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
First off, nice mini! :D i love the clubman minis, and lovin your honda badge xD

and second, yeah i think NOS would be easier to fit into your car (looks pretty packed as is :p) but there is a compressor available that replaces the intake manifold. someone on here has a jap EK with one.

we're currently supercharging a B16a eg sedan but using a standard turbine type supercharger. it's a fairly simple process but as it is just belt driven, i cant see how you would fit one in your mini. the other problem we're having is that as its just a generic charger, we're having to mount it backwards so to speak as the honda spins it the wrong way otherwise...

·
Registered
203 Posts
thats amazing! i bet it has about 400bhp per tonne! :D

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Yeah I like that mate.... saw your video a little while back when you first got it running, if you want to use it on the road and are going to keep it I'd go SC IMO :D

I'm going to fit Nos to my "D" but I'm only going to use a squirt for 1/4 mile dash antics ;)

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
sirkieran1986vtec said:
Lookin like NOS is won't Ian goin to have to do . Where is a good place to get it fitted and set up properly ?
Fit it yourself, if you manage to get a "B" series in a Mini fitting NOS should be a piece of piss as they say :D

I going to be fitting my own and start of with 25 bhp shot and work up from there (I have about 16 assorted jets).... just got to make sure your engine will take it, mines built for 350 bhp.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True true . But would not mind getting it set up properly and rollin roaded to see the power increase . Lookin to get 250+ bhp and 170+ torque . Plus need to get a remapable ecu system . Running a skunk 2 ecu . And it over fuelin like mad .

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I'm doing as usual by the seat of my pants.... I've got the jets to do 25 bhp increases and see how it goes, as long as you use a wet kit and dump in the same (or there abouts) of fuel.... no probs :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts