Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
just looking for a bit of advice on getting a vtec lump in my 1.5 lsi coupe think its eg2 and d15b? not sure there tho.
i like the idea of the mini me conversion but really want a bit more power after the swap
what wood be the simplest 1.6 vtec engine to use ?
will all D, engines straight swap?
what other series are suitable?
do the ecu and wiring looms match ?(conectors)
i know some of these are silly questions and thanks for any help

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: lsi to VTEC swap

probably cheaper buying a vtec car or a rotten one that you can get all bits from

What about the brakes etc....

·
Registered
1 Posts

the wirung is no problem in the 92-95 coupe it jus needs two extra wires and a vtec ecu. All d series would fit straight in however if you wanted 2 go b series youy will need driveshafts, engine mounts and gearlinkage along with the engine. I have a mini me in my 4dr lsi at the moment puttin in my built b series in about 3-4 weeks. Can conatct me if u need any other info

·
Registered
381 Posts

i did a swap very similar to what you are asking not that long ago, i took out a d16y7 non vtec and put in a d16z6 vtec, i only had to change two plugs on the manifold as i used the original OBD2 loom on a OBD1 engine and just added the three wires for vtec ( 1 wire for vtec solenoid to ecu, 1 wire from oil pressure switch to the ecu and another wire for the oil pressure switch to ground) but apart from that everything was straight forward apart from the drivers side drive shaft was too short once new engine was in :confused:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

havent had a pc 4 a while

cheers for that will be doing it soon so will be in contact when i can
looking for a mini me conversion or a 1.5 vtec lump( im tight and like the cheap tax)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts