Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi iam lookin to be puttin a b18 lump in a wee 96 civic lsi i have found my self with. was just wondering if anyone had any tips?? whats the crack with the wirring?? cheers marc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
ek9_marc said:
hi iam lookin to be puttin a b18 lump in a wee 96 civic lsi i have found my self with. was just wondering if anyone had any tips?? whats the crack with the wirring?? cheers marc
hehe, love it!

basically heres the break down reall quick.

u will need

engine
gearbox
wirimg loom
ecu
and driveshafts

(inlet manifold and exhaust is adviseble too lol)

basically if it is a ukspec b18 like the b18c4, then u will need a new ecu because of the imobiliser in the current one. ide sudjest a p28.

imo if ur changing the ecu u might aswell get hondata in there like i did. proper good stuff.

and im guessin ur car is an EK3? so u dont need custom mounts, but u do need the ones with the B18 and they will need some cutting and welding.

Hope this helps Nuno.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rite cheers mate. iam tryin to do it cheap as possibly as its just really for a laugh because i have both cars just sittin there!! so the only thing i really need to do is cut some of the b18 mounts?? because i have all the box shafts ecu the lot!! cheers marc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
ek9_marc said:
rite cheers mate. iam tryin to do it cheap as possibly as its just really for a laugh because i have both cars just sittin there!! so the only thing i really need to do is cut some of the b18 mounts?? because i have all the box shafts ecu the lot!! cheers marc
ye u might aswell give it a go mate, the reason the mounts need cuttin an welding in some places is because the engine needs to drop further so the shafts line up properly, also make sure u have some spair heavy dutty nuts an bolts u might need them.

What engine u bought?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rite rite thats fine!!! i have a wee civic lsi sittin in the garden and i have a civic vti 1800 dohc and they r shite on the road only good thing is the engine!! so i though i would give it go insted of them waistin away!! haha what about the loom just put the whole vti loom in it with the ecu??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
ek9_marc said:
rite rite thats fine!!! i have a wee civic lsi sittin in the garden and i have a civic vti 1800 dohc and they r shite on the road only good thing is the engine!! so i though i would give it go insted of them waistin away!! haha what about the loom just put the whole vti loom in it with the ecu??
yes, but im sencing a problem...

is it a b18c4?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
ek9_marc said:
could not tell u my friend its a uk car! how can i tell?
on the engine it should be stanped on it.

look at the engine as if it was in the engine bay, then next to the exhaust manifold on the left of it, near the gearbox it should be stamped on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeh i remember that now stupid twat ill check that and let u no!! if its a b18c4 its down the shitter??
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top