Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ;),

I'm just new to this, not 17 but i have my 1.4 civic waiting until i pass my test :D, can't wait!!

Just wanting to know, i've got 17" mania racing wheels and i want to lower i 40mm, is 40mm the best lowering height for handling? As i heard more than 40mm the handling is not as good, my cars gonna look sweet and i'll have pics up soon :D, glad to join the forum!

·
Registered
668 Posts
welcome dude!

yeah from what iv seen 40mm seems to be the best. dont know about how it will affect handling n stuff, but alot of people talk about 40mm.

no doubt someone with vast experience will bob on here in a min and put you right :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro ;), yeah i've heard alot about 40mm being well with handling! Will look better with 60mm but not wanting to fork out that money :L

·
Registered
668 Posts
yeah its all money mate, you wait till your driving everyday...money really become a bit of an issue then, especially if you like the sound of your car lol

·
Registered
679 Posts
depends on what your lowering with...if your just using springs or if your using full coilover sets... if your changing dampers upgrade to gas instead of oil. the distance to drop it by all depends on what you are after and to which car it is on, some need droping more than others etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm, that helps, well i'm just gonna put 40mm springs on it... think that will do the now until i get a faster car eg(ek9 or civic type r) its only a 1.4 so i'll just make it half decent as its not the fastest thing

·
Registered
679 Posts
to be honest just havin shorter springs wont really help handling at all, it will just look better to answer your first question lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
haha...alz i think you have lost ur title mate.... hail Paul ....'the wise one'.....no actually alz you can keep that, paul can be Mr Miyagee :ugeek: lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
As others have said depends what your lowering with my mate had his 106 lowered on springs and it was backbreakingly bad! Handling didnt improve alot either tbh. I decided to fork out the extra £120 for matched springs and shocks kit when i lowered my old fiesta was on 15s it went down 60mm and handled like a go-kart. However with your 17s 40mm is probs best bet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts