Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i got a 1998 civic ej9 3dr hatchback and was wondering about lowering it 40mm on gmax springs,i use the car everyday so i do not want to keep hittin off speed bumps is this too low.would i also need to get shortined dampers.in the future i want anough clearince to add a front type r addon and a rear addon so would i have clearence at 40mm or will i only lower it 30mm. this is my first post so not really sure if this is right place to post this. :confused:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
im just after selling a set of 40mm lowering springs to Weetec on here, get him to send you a picture of the final result once he has broken them in! just to help you a little here is a picture of mine when it was sitting at 30mm, completely fine with the type r lips, i only had the front lip on for this picture but there is no problem with the back lip either

and to be honest i didnt really get much inside wear from having it lowered 30mm but if you are going to go lower i would recommend it highly!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey man thanks 4 picture seem to still be high anough to get round all right.will lower it and put on front and rear lip.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
car was lowered to 30mm when i first got it

puttin my coilovers on next week and dropping it down to 50, il let ya kno then

just lowering it on springs is more for just looks really, ya dont rele get much better control from it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts