Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to lower my car and I am on a limited budget, Anyone recommend any springs and shock absorbers for a good price?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello, i would like to buy for my 5th gen civic koni sport kit... but don't know any shops, can you recommend me some? I live now in Syston, it's near Leicester.. Thanks ;)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea have been looking to get coilovers for the civic recently too! been considering the jamex ones and a local dealer

actually seems to be selling them cheaper than ebay!

just wandering tho what the quality of the "HOTTUNING" coilovers off ebay are like? are priced at 235 with £20 postage! certainly more

expensive than most of the other ones but are these just the same "ebay shite" or is there any quality behind them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
well, as i know ebay coilovers are as you say "ebay shite"... how are v-maxx coilovers advertised in redline mag?
acctualy i'm looking for suspension kit, so do you know where can i buy cheaper koni kit? 8-|

·
Registered
14 Posts
the hottuning ones are exatly the same as the jamex and the vmaxx ones, all from the same production line at the same factory just different labels.

there's a lot to be said for the hottuning coilovers, if you want to get low cheap they're the way to go. if you want the car to feel really nice/ handle really nice you need to be prepared to pay £500+ but again it's all relative

·
Registered
53 Posts
So are the Jamex / Hottuning ones ok for people on a budget?

For me I've only got a 1.5 Vti which I don't want to spend a lot on as I'll probably upgrade it in a few months but the handling is shocking :eek:

It is running on steelies mind so I'll be sticking some alloys on too

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
tyres are the main thing thats giving you grip so i'd start there. be amazed what grip levels you can get just by getting better tires! then if you're getting wheels anyway you might as well swap them both.

then lower around the comfort level you want and the handling will improve.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts