Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone knows if the civic sport 2004 is lower than the standard 1.6 civic or if it is lowered from factory?

looking to lower mine but need to know whether to lower it 50mm or just 25mm????

peace out mat

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Or you could just buy coilovers and then take it up and down until you get a height that you are happy with

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
As I say in this article, there is never a set amount you should lower your car. Buy adjustable coilovers, and adjust to your needs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Facelift sports are slightly lower from the factory that the pre-facelift cars.

What Nicknick said, if you drop your car more than about 30mm you'll screw up the camber and go through tyres like nobodies business. If you're determined to drop it this much you'll need adjustable upper arms for the rear (about £140 for a decent pair) and camber bolts for the front (pretty sure these come in at under a tenner) and then you'd be as well getting a proper fast road setup done for about another £150-£200.

Or, just drop the car less than 30mm and save yourself the cost and hassle. You're best off buying progressively wound springs as they have better handling and ride characteristics than standard wound springs. Options are Tein, Spoon or Eibach (I'd go for Teins personally)

Remember, even if you get coilovers you'll need to get all your camber adjustment gubbins and setup done too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts