Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im going lowerin my civic ej9 40mm.would i be alright gettin just spring and puttin them on with stock dampers, or would i be better gettin full kit, springs with shortened dampers.any one have either of these set ups. i heard that just by changin the spring and leavin the stock dampers the car is realy bouncy and the handling is bad.is this true.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
can you please try and keep alot of your related subjects into the same topic,

changing springs your are only really changing your ride height, you wont get an improvement in handling
coilovers are designed to be abled to adjust to the different heights you have your car set to giving you the option of dropping your car around 20mm-80mm without losing handling
coilovers all the way, i bought springs there and changed my mind the second they arrived through the door, awaiting coilovers now to do it properly

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
What exactly are 'coilovers'? I hear people talking about them, no idea what they are? A picture would probably help, and yes, I know I could have Google'd it in the time it's taken me to ask, but hey, what're forums for, eh? :D

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
josh897 said:
can you please try and keep alot of your related subjects into the same topic
That a bit harsh all the topic is related .
Coilovers are good for extreme lowering but i dont agree that springs and uprated dampers are bad ,
in fact i would go for springs and dampers before i go coilovers
for general road use and track days you cant beat a set of Koni T/As - Bilstein Sport Etc ,
always go with a well known set up im a firm fan of the above , i have had coilovers but a personally think there over rated for general use
one thing thou unless you want to completely ruin the handling of your car Never fit uprated springs on standard dampers they where never designed to handle the extra rebound pressure of uprated springs , so they get bouncy as you have already mentioned.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
nickyboy said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coilover

Thanks, but I love the quote:
Wiki said:
The shock absorber and spring are preassembled as a unit prior to installation, and are replaced as a unit when the shock absorber has leaked.
Basically saying they will leak, when, not if, lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
paul20v said:
josh897 said:
can you please try and keep alot of your related subjects into the same topic
That a bit harsh all the topic is related .
didnt mean it to sound harsh, its just a few topics were being started up by the member and two of them were both about lowering so
meant it in a way as in to just keep all the questions into the one topic about lowering

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
no worries

p.s

coilovers FTW lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts